help! lol

maddrummermaddrummer Posts: 93
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
erm need help with guitar, im a beginner, 2 of me strings snapped but the mechanism just fell apart:S wt do i do?? lol i cnt screw it all bk together
Fuck The System
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• we need to know what kind of guitar you're playing.

i assume you're talking about the bridge and yes you can probably just screw that back in.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • its a squier by fender, n i tried to screw it all bk in bt cos the bit underneithe the bridge(duno wt it called but its under the bridge) that has changed angle nd i cnt screw it bk in lol, so do i take it to shop or wt?
    Fuck The System
  • maddrummer wrote:
    its a squier by fender, n i tried to screw it all bk in bt cos the bit underneithe the bridge(duno wt it called but its under the bridge) that has changed angle nd i cnt screw it bk in lol, so do i take it to shop or wt?
    at least take it to someone who knows what theyre doing. might save you some money if you have a friend like that :)

i have no idea what you're talking about though.

"Make our day"
  • lol okay....cud ya tell me how 2 replace strings tho? lol
    Fuck The System
  • maddrummer wrote:
    lol okay....cud ya tell me how 2 replace strings tho? lol
    now thats an easy one!

you want to take the string (make sure you have the right string for the position you're putting it in) and slide it through the little hole on the bridge.

then line it up with the little notches above the bridge and the one at the bottom of the head.

put it through the hole in the correct thing... don't know what its supposed to be called.. it should be pretty easy to figure out what thing i'm talking about though..

then just turn the peg until its reasonably in tune (then tune it correctly). the strings are going to stretch and come out of tune a little initially so don't freak out.. just bend them and stretch them untill its right :)

"Make our day"
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    put it through the hole in the correct thing... don't know what its supposed to be called.. it should be pretty easy to figure out what thing i'm talking about though..

Tuner or tuning head?
  • moster78 wrote:
    Tuner or tuning head?
    there you go. :)

"Make our day"
    there you go. :)

Or tuning post or just post. I can never remember. I just know restringing is a pain. At least the two times I've done it. I'm sure with practice it gets easier.
  • moster78 wrote:
    Or tuning post or just post. I can never remember. I just know restringing is a pain. At least the two times I've done it. I'm sure with practice it gets easier.
    ohhh it gets realllllly easy.

i love new string day (the day i replace all my strings on a guitar). i love doing it, wiping the guitar down when all strings are off, and especially that crisp new-string sound :)

"Make our day"
  • well at the moment my guitar is in a state! 2 stings snapped, the bridge just hangin on the strings, the little box thing that the strin goes thru, ther all just hangin ther, all the screws nd springs are on my desk, nd i tried screwing it bak in, but, as i sed, the thing that is under the bridge is at a weird angle, cso i can get the big front screws in but not the 3 smaller 1s, i think ive busted it!
    Fuck The System
    ohhh it gets realllllly easy.

i love new string day (the day i replace all my strings on a guitar). i love doing it, wiping the guitar down when all strings are off, and especially that crisp new-string sound :)

I'm sure it does. It takes me a day or so to get into the new string sound. Before you know it they sound like old strings.
  • maddrummer wrote:
    well at the moment my guitar is in a state! 2 stings snapped, the bridge just hangin on the strings, the little box thing that the strin goes thru, ther all just hangin ther, all the screws nd springs are on my desk, nd i tried screwing it bak in, but, as i sed, the thing that is under the bridge is at a weird angle, cso i can get the big front screws in but not the 3 smaller 1s, i think ive busted it!
    take it to a shop or a friend who knows his stuff! :)

i really don't quite understand what the problem is.. its probably something you have to see to understand.

"Make our day"
  • i agree, thats exactly it! i will let my dad av a look, then take it into a shop. i need a new bridge and wammy bar neway, cos i titeind the wammy bar too much nd the screwy bit snapped so half on bar, half in bridge lol, im useless, thank god i dont treat my drums this way!
    Fuck The System
    maddrummer wrote:
    i agree, thats exactly it! i will let my dad av a look, then take it into a shop. i need a new bridge and wammy bar neway, cos i titeind the wammy bar too much nd the screwy bit snapped so half on bar, half in bridge lol, im useless, thank god i dont treat my drums this way!

That would definitely explain why it won't screw back in.
  • what wud? the wammy bar thing?
    Fuck The System
    maddrummer wrote:
    what wud? the wammy bar thing?

I would think so, since the wammy bar is connected to the bridge. If you pulled on it enough for it to snap off, you probably did something to the bridge as well, and if it doesn't screw back in because its bent, thats probably the culprit.
  • hmph:( lks like im buggerd
    Fuck The System
    maddrummer wrote:
    hmph:( lks like im buggerd

Just take it someone that knows what they're doing. They should be able to fix it.