upgrade froma fender?

maddrummermaddrummer Posts: 93
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
is it possible to upgrade to a better guitar than fender? excluding gibson that is....
Fuck The System
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• maddrummer wrote:
    is it possible to upgrade to a better guitar than fender? excluding gibson that is....

custom shop fender :)

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • maddrummer wrote:

All in peoples opinion you know.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    What kinds of music do u like?

Upgrading from a Fender to a Gibson doesnt go with eachother anyway, totally different sound. What type of Fender is it? Strat? Tele? Squier?

Like ATY said, its in your own opinion of what a guitar sounds like that makes you want it. Dont just go by brand name, go into a music store and play every guitar on the wall to find out 'your sound'.

Im currently looking for a Tele, i love the Tele sound personally.
  • i have a fender strat-standard. and youve just given the me the best information ever. thankyou :D
    Fuck The System
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    What do you mean by better? Define your understanding of "better", and I will give you an answer :)

Better intonation? yes
    Better tone woods? yes
    Better finish options? matter of opinion
    Better tone? matter of opinion
    Better electronics? yes
    Better hardware? yes
    Better neck carve? Perhaps better for you, but not better...just different. Same goes for radius.

Do all of these better things make a better guitar? Well, only if you are buying one from someone who knows what to do with all of that better stuff.
  • exactly enharmonic.exactly.
    Anthony
  • Enharmonic's right.

Once you have the basic guitar in your hands, I always tell people, "upgrade your playing first before you upgrade the guitar!"

If you took one of the very Strat's that Jimi Hendrix's played and plugged it in, they just wouldn't sound like Hendrix. If we all took them apart, we'd probably be saying, "these pickups sound crappy, look at the nicks on the frets, the wood isn't the highest quality ash or alder!" :D
    A strat sounds like the way you play it. It's a very touch and dynamics sensitive guitar. Your picking and fretting technique makes all the difference. You can get an amazing variety of sounds out of those strings by digging in to those strings, or likewise, caressing them with your fingers.

Usually the main thing that you would go for first in an upgrade is a comfortable neck for your hands: thickness, fretboard radius, fret size, general feel,etc., then the pickups to the general sound that you're looking for.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart