Singers!?

dreams*in*reddreams*in*red Posts: 7
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I sing and I absolutly love it! But I wish I was a guy so i could sing the type of music PJ sing! Girls just can't sing rock!!!!!! :-(
I hate it..........
And the barrel waits.....trigger shakes.....aimed right at my head
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    If you think girls can't sing rock...take a look at skunk anansie, shit...that girl can siiiing, screeeeaaam.

Let yourself go when you sing, don't allow those tell tale girly signs to come into the song ie: Warbly throat thing, wobbly 'whitney houston' jaw.

Girls can flow into falsetto much easier than guys so use it to your advantage. Remember, PJ songs were written by guys so they will be harder to sing correctly.

'Everyday hurts' by Skunk Anansie. thats a good one.

Let us know how you get on Sheila :D
  • LOL! Thanks Squidge! I've never heard of that female rock singer, but ill be sure to check her out! :-D I just feel like girls will never sound as good as guys! I can sing the more mellow PJ songs ok. EG. "Nothingman", "Black" stuff like that
    And the barrel waits.....trigger shakes.....aimed right at my head
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    LOL! Thanks Squidge! I've never heard of that female rock singer, but ill be sure to check her out! :-D I just feel like girls will never sound as good as guys! I can sing the more mellow PJ songs ok. EG. "Nothingman", "Black" stuff like that

That's cool, the mellow ones are great to sing also.

Yeah, Skunk are a good band. What abot Placebo, the singer is a guy but he is very gay and rocks man. Try them out.

Peace
  • I hold your view DiR.

I like the sound of some girls voices alot. I like sarah Mclaughlin and Sinead oconnor in particular. But as far as rockin songs, I can't stand a girl singer. My favorite one ever was courtney love. Despite my dislike for her as a person, I think she had a really cool voice. Melissa ethridge also has a wicked voice actually.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    DiR....
    Try some old 60's and 70's stuff.

2 words. Janis Joplin.
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?