How does STONE play Daughter?

joedogg9999joedogg9999 Posts: 35
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
ive seen tabs where u simply adjust the tuning and playing bar chords on the 4th and 5th strings. but after watching the SNL perfomance it lookes like stone is sing some sort of slide
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WESWES Posts: 168
    http://www.giventowail.com

has an excellent tab of it as always
  • WES wrote:
    http://www.giventowail.com

has an excellent tab of it as always

as always.
    :D

and if you type "daughter 'pearl jam' 'guitar pro'" in to google, you should get some good GP4 tabs for it ... actualy Guitar Pro 5 is out now ... it's more stable, if nothing else ...

i really like GP, as you can see, hear, AND play along ... mute parts, speed up, slow down ... repeat ... etc ...

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    He slides his fingers between the different chord structures, but isn't using an actual mechanical slide (glass or brass, etc). If you listen closely, you can hear him sliding up and down with the chord changes. Good eye!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I'm pretty sure he's just playing some powere chords with an open g tuning. He's just got a funky way of playing things. It's not that his riffs are hard to play, just that he's got a weird groove to his stuff.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The obvious answer would be with his hands.

Oh, and a guitar.

:p

Tabs are funny things. I remember having the tab to Black Hole Sun, and seeing a completely different tab for the bridge in a music mag that was out at the time. It wasn't hard to know which was right after playing both :)

Daughter has always sounded like an open tuning to me. I love those big, ringing chords.