Friggin Ebay

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Check this out:
Last December...................
I buys a Strat neck for a new project on ebay. the dude wants postal / money order sent to him (no paypal)

I'm cool with that, so i mail immediatly after the auction asking for the address and tell him payment will be swift.
No reply.
over the next few weeks up to christmas I'm mailing this Love Spud with no reply's so i figure the guy must have signed off ebay or something......
I log in this afternoon after a few weeks to recieve an unpaid item Strike!!!

what a piece of shit.
I gave him mail and told him to cut that shit out right now.

1 more and my account is up the crapper.

anyone had this kind of Bull??
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nope. i never do the money order thing. i only bid on paypal auctions. i've never had a problem but at least i have back up if something goes wrong with the deal.
  • yeah, its a bit dodgy i know - but i just dont understand some peoples logic.
    as if i didnt want to pay or something. i would understand if i never bothered in contacting him, but it was opposite -
  • you just need to contact the ebay dispute resolution team.
    they should be able to clear that shit up.

and possibly revoke his account, too.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    NEVER send money orders or cash, or bid on any auctions without paypal for that matter

Thats asking for trouble.
  • Get_Right wrote:
    NEVER send money orders or cash, or bid on any auctions without paypal for that matter

True. me learns a lesson.

makes you wonder why these dudes dont have paypal - cos its easier to rip people off, or dont want to pay the small fees?

Think I'll be going down the resolution route. - but if he gets all weird on me then fuck him.
  • Get_Right wrote:

A lot of times i only accept MOs.... IF you ever sold anything on evil bay you would know how much money Paypal is really taking in when you have expensive items.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    A lot of times i only accept MOs.... IF you ever sold anything on evil bay you would know how much money Paypal is really taking in when you have expensive items.
    ive been with paypal since the beginning, and they make BANK!!! It is around 2.9% on every dollar. I cant tell you how much money ive lost by accepting paypal rather than only accepting money order/cash/checks. But the fee is for the convenience, and to some people, that is worth it

all4
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,845
    moemoe6434 wrote:

I can appreciate that, but from a buyer's perspective, its too risky.
    Seller's should build the commissions into the reserve price

Sending money orders in the mail without any fraud protection is just dumb imho
  • You still have your MO receipt, right? The carbon copy of the one you sent him? Hold on to that... and get in touch with the eBay folks right away.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I have only send money order, express post to be curtious, and i never have a problem. I live in Canada, and about 9/10 purchases go to the US, and i have still had no problem yet. I just let the seller understand that due to customs and "internationality" it may take a few more days to get there. I geuss different strokes for different folks ;)

Harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Spook Fish wrote:
    Check this out:
    Last December...................
    I buys a Strat neck for a new project on ebay. the dude wants postal / money order sent to him (no paypal)

I'm cool with that, so i mail immediatly after the auction asking for the address and tell him payment will be swift.
    No reply.
    over the next few weeks up to christmas I'm mailing this Love Spud with no reply's so i figure the guy must have signed off ebay or something......
    I log in this afternoon after a few weeks to recieve an unpaid item Strike!!!

what a piece of shit.
    I gave him mail and told him to cut that shit out right now.

1 more and my account is up the crapper.

anyone had this kind of Bull??

did you get the item?
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • did you get the item?

hello

**When i said 'mail immediatly after auction, i meant email - sorry:-)

No, the point i was making was that i had the good intentions of sending the $, but the dude didnt give me his address. i got bored of contacting him several times, (about 6 mails) so i left it. Now he sends me an Unpaid Item Strike when he was the asshole not corresponding.

Great.

i cant work out why he didnt just send me the dam address?????

it makes me laugh.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I only accept US Postal Money Orders, or certified bank drafts, which can include money orders from a bank. I can accept PayPal, but I generally pass on the 3% hit, since e-bay charges to list the item, charges a fee based on the actual sale price, and charges a fee to use PayPal. That's triple-dipping...lol.

The postal or bank drafts have always worked for me, and since it would make it a federal offense for me to scam someone using a Postal or bank draft, I tend to be quite the responsible cat when it comes to shipping my auction items. Hell, I shipped a Fender CS Tele Jr (#10 of 25 made in Shoreline Gold) to Japan in 3 days once!

I'm currently auctioning off my coveted Lovetone Wobulator to finance a special purchase (hookers and crack...HA!).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7384094853
  • You can go through ebay and request his information.

I had to do that when I sold some Social D tickets at the last minute. I got the guys phone number and stuff and called him to tell him they were being fedexed overnight and to expect them the next morning.

Downside to it is the other guy gets your info too. But it's worth it when they are not checking their mail. That way you have their address and phone number from when they signed up with ebay.

Just my .02 cents though...I always do paypal cause there's buyer protection if they don't send the item out at all, I can at least get my money back to try and get it from someone else.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...