Anyone ever Used a Carlsbro Tube Amp?

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, i'm new to this Site but have been reading the threads for a while.
i recently bought a 1969 Carlsbro Tube Amp, and it does rock, but you need to turn it up full Vol. it's hand wired and very basic like the old Plexi's. no gain knob or any fancy stuff. just wanted to know if any of you fellas in the USA have even heard of them or used them? they are an old British Make (still around)
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Hey guys, i'm new to this Site but have been reading the threads for a while.
    i recently bought a 1969 Carlsbro Tube Amp, and it does rock, but you need to turn it up full Vol. it's hand wired and very basic like the old Plexi's. no gain knob or any fancy stuff. just wanted to know if any of you fellas in the USA have even heard of them or used them? they are an old British Make (still around)

I think it's similar to Hiwatt strike that, I don't know that but I do know they are british.

Check out the pictures in Jacques vintage sections of http://www.TS808.com

makes you want to order a pint dosen't it?

oh, here they are.

http://www.carlsbro.co.uk/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Good Site
    it's similair to that one, except it's a 60 Watt. fully cranked it really suprised me. alot of Spank for the price i paid. it still has the original Mullards (El34) as well, with Brimar?? pre amp Valves. christ knows how old they are, but they seem like they have never been stressed at all considering the condition.

what tubes do you recommend if i decide or need to change?
    what are the most durable or have the better quality?

note: i emailed Carlsbro when i got the amp, and the posted me hand drawn wirograms & old adverts for it. Mad! it's circa 69 - 71
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Good Site
    it's similair to that one, except it's a 60 Watt. fully cranked it really suprised me. alot of Spank for the price i paid. it still has the original Mullards (El34) as well, with Brimar?? pre amp Valves. christ knows how old they are, but they seem like they have never been stressed at all considering the condition.

what tubes do you recommend if i decide or need to change?
    what are the most durable or have the better quality?

note: i emailed Carlsbro when i got the amp, and the posted me hand drawn wirograms & old adverts for it. Mad! it's circa 69 - 71

I recommend you treat those very nicely and don't change unless you have to. Those are very very very very good tubes. Expensive as hell on the Market.

KCA tubes sells good stuff http://www.kcanostubes.com Just check the values of the ones in there.

You have a gem there sir. The two Mullards would run you $325 for a matched pair now.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.