Genz Benz

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
took a trip to the store this weekend and played through a Genz Benz 60 Watt All Valve combo -Cor blimey,that thing can sing, i must admit i was pretty blown away by it, fierce amounts of gain. retailed about £950.00. Switchable from 30 - 60 Watts. FAT. anyone tried out those Amps?
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    Never mate, i never really try out the amps when i go into town. I'm always like 'Excuse me, can i play that Sg for a bit'. When they ask which amp i want, i just shrug like Nelson.

Maybe i should start mixing it up a bit, my knowledge of amps and the difference between one and another is v v limited.
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Squidge, if you get a chance - ave a go at one of these, they will rock your fuckin mullet. £950 is a bit steep, but i think they are worth the dosh because there was more meat in this thing than a butchers dog. I played a mesa combo too and it kicked the shittin daylights out of it.
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    I always feel like a prick when i ask the shop guy to hook me up to something. There is no way i am gonna buy it, guita or amp. Should i give a shit?

I will go on the prowl for one on the weekend though.

....how did you know i have a mullet, may i ask?
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    No, i wouldnt care - i had no intension of buying it there and then, but if they let you play them, it gives you insentive to go back and maybe purchase later on. how do you know what you wnat until you test run it? i wouldnt buy a car without driving it first.

some shops let you put down deposits on them and pay them over weeks / months. thats how i got my Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, as i couldnt afford to just blow £800 in one go. good way to it if you can't get credit or a loan of some sort.

i didnt know you had a mullet!! if you really do have one mate, this Amp will shake it right off. i was fuckin mesmarised by it. i think if you got your hands on one, you would never really need another one again. there is a full stack version aswell that the guy in the shop was flexing when i came in, but there is no point having that unless your gonna play a 30.000 strong crowd at a festival or want permanant hearing damage. they are American so i'm surprised no other dudes have posted about them.