Heritage H140cm

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey Guys, a while back i posted a thread on the 61 reissue from Gibson which i was going to buy when the cash was ready. but i saw a Heritage Les Paul in the local guitar shop hanging up with the Gibson LP's and tried her out - what a tone! It's the vintage Natural Sunburst with a smokey maple flamed top. Solid Mahogony body & Neck with Brazilian Rosewood fretboard and full body binding. Real Mother of pearl Dot markers. its a little bit thinner than the Les Paul to so its nice on your back. Grover Imperial Tuners - Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Shaller Roller bridge and Tailpiece (may swap that out later)

Apparently these guys are old Gibson employees who stayed behind in Michigan when they bugger'd off to Nashville- hence heritage was born.
these are made by real craftsmen/luthiers and retail alot lower than the gibsons, and read some reviews in Harmony central, it seems most owners prefer the workmanship of The Heritage Guitar Company over the mass produced production line of Gibson. try one out yourself.

I think i have found the perfect Guitar Ive always been looking for. this is really is a winner.

Normal Price was £995.00, but as he had a sale on and brought it down to £595.00!!

This Guitar just felt so right in my hands.
I laid down a deposit and will be picking her up this coming Sat.

I will try to post some pics asap.

anyone interested in Gibsons should check these out, the QC is spot on and the value for money cant be touched for a brand new Hand Made Solid body.

The finish was flawless - which is more than what you can say for some of the Gibbo's at around 2-3 grand.

check out there web page for the Hollow Bodys too, as i think they are the real specialty.

**they dont do an SG shape though:-(
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Heritages are GREAT guitars. I wrote a whole bunch about them a little while back.

You're right about them being made at the old Gibson Factory.
    My friend has a music store in my city. When he gets a bunch of guitars in, I run over and set them up for him, if they need setting up. Most of the Heritages come out of the box ready to play. The finishing is right on, the fret work is great. Nice smooth fret ends and polished fret tops. Sometimes the necks need tweaking, but that’s on any guitar. Great company to deal with.
    If a new one comes in and needs some work, they either send a UPS pickup for it the next day and do it at the factory, or pay for someone to fix it if it’s minor, like a loose fret. I usually just fix it stuff like that because that’s easy.

If I was ever to buy new again and get my ass out and play again, I would go with one of those or a 150.
    Actually the 140 is a thinner body than the 150. The 150 is heavier, and more like a Les Paul.
    Congratulations on a new axe. Nice price, too!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

All i can say is WOW!

this thing just blows me away, way more tone than i expected. not too keen on the shaller roller bridge but that can be swapped out later for a prefered Tone pro's.

Gonna fit some Bare Knuckle Pickups in there in a couple of weeks. http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk
    check them out - Hand made scatterwound pups that blow EMG, Dimarzio, Duncans right out the water, check harmony central too as these fellas deliver the tone 10/10. + 1st rate customer Service.

should turn this axe into excaliber stunt double.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer