Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Guys,

I'm looking on Ebay at a Sparkle Drive and thought i might put a bid in.

would just like to know if they are any good, and what they usually retail for in the USA?

I def want to get some Barber stuff as i like what I've read about them and the sound clips are good on the site.

would this unit be like having the Direct Drive? as i plan to purchase that in the near future, or a burn unit. if i buy the sparkle, would it still be worth having the DD?

cheers

Spooky.
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    not quite like the direct drive. The DD has more gain and more volume on tap. The Sparkle Drive is a tube screamer with a clean knob, to send some clean signal through and give you a "layered" sound. It's a debate how well this works from a pedal, but theres another one called the "Green Giant" from a guy down here in Athens that also has a clean mix feature. I think the Sparkle Drives are between 100 and 120 here in the states, It's a good overdrive for sure and the clean feature is cool.

I think if you go with the Sparkle Drive you might want a bit more agressive #2 the new DD can probably do that, but the Burn Unit Small Fry might be a winner as well probably a bit more on tap, it just depends on what you want to do.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • thanks man:-)
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer