Westone Guitars

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any one here ever heard of, or used a Westone (Jap) Guitar?

the reason i ask is that i know someone who is selling one identical to this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Westone-Japan-Thunder-1-A-ACTIVE-Guitar_W0QQitemZ7367087091QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it looks solid build quality, but would appreciate a second opinion.
or how much you think it could be worth??

cheers
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've seen a couple of places that have sold some westone guitars. Though the one's i've seen have always been cheap lookalikes. I've never tried one though, simply because it was so cheap. Though that one on ebay looks older than the one's i've seen.

I recon its probally around the right price now(of around £120) Though I can't say for sure.. that's just a guess! :) These guys seem to have bought one second hand at around that price:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Westone/Thunder_1A-1.html
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • my first guitar was a westone electric. i got it in 1993 because i liked the color and the fact that it had 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle. man was i dumb using those criteria for my first purchase, but it is not a bad guitar and was a great learner for me. i play les pauls and sgs now so i don't really need it now. i think i paid $300 for mine brand new. its 13 years old now and the pickups/electronics are kind of shoddy by now, and the volume knobs are staticky but with a little service (haven't had it set up/repaired in 4 years) it should be fine. my westone was great to learn on and served its purposes well. my westone is like a 1980s Jackson a la phil collen from def leppard. i believe westone was purchased by alvarez or ibanez in the mid 90s so they're kind of hard to come by nowadays. the guitar you were asking about looks to be a decent buy.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Thanks guys
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer