Gibson SG 61 Reissue*

Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anyone on the board own one of these?
or used one enough to have a good review on it?

I have started saving for an SG now and i think it's the one i like the most and the reviews on Harmony Central are well in favour of these over the Standard, and the special.
i havent had a chance to have a go on either of the models yet and wondered if anyone can give me some educated advice before i go in the shop.

cheers dudes.
Dont take drugs and be a loser
wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Spook Fish wrote:
    does anyone on the board own one of these?
    or used one enough to have a good review on it?

I have started saving for an SG now and i think it's the one i like the most and the reviews on Harmony Central are well in favour of these over the Standard, and the special.
    i havent had a chance to have a go on either of the models yet and wondered if anyone can give me some educated advice before i go in the shop.

cheers dudes.

I messed around on one for a little while at Guitar Center while I was debating buying a Special off EBay. Definitely much better than the special or standard. Thinner neck, better pickups. If I were to get an SG, that'd be the one.
  • I tried it and liked it, but I ultimatley bought the emerald special.
  • Dam i want that guitar. £999.00 here in the UK.
    Gonna take me a month or two to get the ££ but thats ok, give me just enough time to find a real spanker, and hopefully get a reserve put on it. gonna go into the city tommorrow and hunt.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Spook Fish wrote:
    Dam i want that guitar. £999.00 here in the UK.
    Gonna take me a month or two to get the ££ but thats ok, give me just enough time to find a real spanker, and hopefully get a reserve put on it. gonna go into the city tommorrow and hunt.

Let us know how it is when you get it. I think at some point down the road (a year or more) that it shall become my second electric.
  • Will do mate, will do. might have to give up food, sell the tele, rent out my girlfriend:-) if i want it quick. he he.

'Thats terrible thing to say' i hear you cry.

ok ok, i wont sell the tele.