Sound Equipment for 2005 tour

rileyriley Posts: 2
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know what system (speakers, amps, boards, etc) is PJ using on tour this time around (2005)?

Thanks,
RDK
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Rat Sound Monitors

EAW Line Array PA's. I see no reason they would change for this tour.

If you search Brett Eliasons name you might find a few articles.

Ed has changed his amps, that's all we know for a fact at this point. 3 VintageTweed Deluxes going into a Framptone 3 banger switcher also Mike or Stone are using some modified Keeley pedals.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I know that any concert I've ever been to at the JLC in London the band has used the house speaker system. Weird.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    They had been using Midas consoles, but I've heard word they may try out a new model from Soundcraft, so I'm unsure. But like Paco said, probably an EAW line array for the main sound and Rat for monitors. That EAW rig sounded phenomenal... and they've used Rat for monitors for probably 10 years.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    They had been using Midas consoles, but I've heard word they may try out a new model from Soundcraft, so I'm unsure. But like Paco said, probably an EAW line array for the main sound and Rat for monitors. That EAW rig sounded phenomenal... and they've used Rat for monitors for probably 10 years.

one of the only bands I've seen that incorporates a center array so the people in the middle get good sound.

What a concept, no fireworks, no outfits, best sound money can buy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Thanks everyone. Appreciate it. I am a real Pro Audio fan.
    Riley
  • L Acoustics V-DOSC line array with Rat subs. Yamaha PM5D digital console at front of house, Midas Heritage 3000 at monitors, DiGiCo D5 in the recording truck. A mess of mics... D6 on kick drum, a Beta 56 on snare top, SM57 on snare bottom, Shure Beta 98's on toms. Mike had an SM7 and a Sennheiser 609, Jeff had a Beta 52 and two Beyer M88's, Ed had an SM57 and a 609, Stone had an A/T condenser and a 609. Vox were Audix OM7 for Ed and OM6's for everyone else. In-ear monitors all around, Rat monitors for Ed, a Rat sub for Matt, and Rat side-fills. Dunno what amps or DSP they used.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415

Last year my boss at the theatre, who in addition to being the technical director at the theatre runs his own sound/lighting production company, got a brand new $30,000 Midas Board. In it's case, it weighs over 500lbs. Crazyness. But it sounds so good. That year he also got EV Line Arrays for his highmids and new ev bassbins too. Smaller and more compact than his other bassbins, but way clearer and punchier sound. I know this has nothing to do with pearl jam, but I saw "MIDAS" and had to comment.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com