Bought a Roland TD3 E-Drumset today

PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Connected my sons Ipod to it and we have been trading off playing songs for the past 3 hours. I should have done this yeas ago.

I think he may retire the Rockband drums
If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ....a black TD20, 60 gigs of MP3's, custom 50ft stereo cable, and a pair of Sennheiser HD650's..

It's like stepping into another world....
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • ....a black TD20, 60 gigs of MP3's, custom 50ft stereo cable, and a pair of Sennheiser HD650's..

It's like stepping into another world....

you said it.

Ahhh I never looked into your username...holy batshit dude, That setup is insane. I couldn't drop 6g's though.....1K was enough. I have a PA and my acoustic Tama for when I want to get all sorts of loud. But this set is great for quiet (yet loud) banging away. Plus my son (coming from Rockband) is already playing along to many songs....damn this is fun

I do have 1 year to trade up and get full value for this td3:)
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • you said it.

Ahhh I never looked into your username...holy batshit dude, That setup is insane. I couldn't drop 6g's though.....1K was enough. I have a PA and my acoustic Tama for when I want to get all sorts of loud. But this set is great for quiet (yet loud) banging away. Plus my son (coming from Rockband) is already playing along to many songs....damn this is fun

I do have 1 year to trade up and get full value for this td3:)

The key benefit going electric (the mesh heads are really great) is that you can pull off a full scale jam at 3:00am and it makes no difference to anyone else but yourself...

everyone still sleeping away and happy...

can't put a price on it.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • I went intending to get an Alesis for 599, but when I got there, it wasn't that great. It was missing trigger hits and the images on the web make it seem like they are mesh heads when in fact, they are plastic. I was also looking at Rolands' "all in one" type setup with built in bass pedal, and although it worked pretty good, I wanted to use my own doubles. I played on a real nice Roland they had there (it was 3500) but that was a little too much considering all the stuff I have already. Maybe I will save all my money from side jobs this year and upgrade later. I like the all mesh heads.

I love it though and like you said...I played it until 1am and nobody heard a thing. But to myself, I was jamming along to AIC's Dirt like I was on my acoustic.