Gig tommorow night

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
It's a benefit show with 4 other bands at a major club in London. It's a nice place with a big stage and a full out lighting rig. They've got an awesome soundman coming in. I don't know how many people are going to be there, but I'm holding ticket #678 and I bought that last week. I think there are 800 tickets available, and it always sells out every year.

My band PRIME, is closing the show with our 40 minute set:

18 - Alice Cooper
Ballroom Blitz - The Sweet
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Whole Lotta Love/Bring it on Home - Led Zeppelin
Little Bones - Tragically Hip
Baba O'Riley - The Who
All Right Now - Free
Rock and Roll All Night - Kiss

We've hired a videographer, so the whole thing will be recorded directly off of the soundboard.

My rig for the show is a bit subdued from what I usually bring, but it will be good enough for this stuff:

Les Paul Custom
Mexican Strat
SD-1
Shannon distortion
DD-3
Fender Hotrod Deluxe (being provided by the production company)

Here's the event poster:

4ef22a55.jpg

I should also add that this is my last show with this band. I was brought in to play this gig. I don't know what they're doing after it, but I'm pretty sure that this is it for them too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Good luck man...I'd go if I could!!

Try and post some clips if you can :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Good luck man...I'd go if I could!!

Try and post some clips if you can :)

I'll have some clips eventually. But I will post them!

It should be a lot of fun. It's been well over a year since I played a real gig.
  • Just got back from soundcheck and it's looking to be pretty good. They've hired an awesome production company that has brought a team of sound guys. They've got the sweetest setup that I've ever played through.

It's a big club: 900 person capacity. They've got 4 mains, some gigantic bass bins, and monitors galore. I get two monitors to myself!

I'm using my Traynor now, since they told me that there wouldn't be an amp available. There is an amp there, but since I already hauled my amp down there, I might as well just use it.

Soundcheck sounded good and the place is awesome. Should be a good night tonight!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Just got back from soundcheck and it's looking to be pretty good. They've hired an awesome production company that has brought a team of sound guys. They've got the sweetest setup that I've ever played through.

It's a big club: 900 person capacity. They've got 4 mains, some gigantic bass bins, and monitors galore. I get two monitors to myself!

I'm using my Traynor now, since they told me that there wouldn't be an amp available. There is an amp there, but since I already hauled my amp down there, I might as well just use it.

Soundcheck sounded good and the place is awesome. Should be a good night tonight!

nice, burn down the house man. (but not literally in that Great White kind of way)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice, burn down the house man. (but not literally in that whitesnake kind of way)

Great White, actually. =)

Good luck man, rock em dead.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    moster78 wrote:
    Great White, actually. =)

Good luck man, rock em dead.

you know they all just seem to blend toegther.

Get Dirty Frank
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    you know they all just seem to blend toegther.

All in one great bin of suckiness. I was actually having a conversation with guitar teacher about how our musical tastes are still stuck in 1997ish territory, and how no band or act that's come out in the last 5 years or so has had any staying power, at least as far as rock is concerned. After the fact I could only come up with, barely, Coldplay, John Mayer and Incubus. But thats kind of pushing it.
  • Haha. I saw Whitesnake a few year ago. Cheese to the max, but they were fun.

Wait, did I just admit to that?

*cowers in corner*