A couple of questions:

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
First off, the reverb tank on my Traynor stopped functioning for some reason. I don't know if it's the actual tank, or the control knob. Is there any way to tell?

Also, I'm working on my roomate's strat. I've never done anything to strats before, but he wanted .10 - .52s on it. After putting these strings on it, the bridge has lifted away from the body quite a bit. How can I drop this to closer to flush with the body?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i can help with the strat question....im assumign he had lighter strings on prior to the change? what is uggest is tune them all so there is quite a bit of slack, then tun the E and A about half a step low, then tune the rest up to where they need to be keeping an eye on the bridge, then tune the low ones up and check yoru tuning, once its perfect, take a look at the bridge, if it still seems out of whack, take off the black plate and adhust the tremelo system. If the bridge is "tweaked" or stressed turn the screws clowckwise to drive them further into the guitar, if the bridge seems to be laying back on the body, turn the screws coutnerclockwise. MAKE SURE the screws are being turned the same amount of times, and try nto to mess aroudn with the three springs for now. I hope this helps

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • i can help with the strat question....im assumign he had lighter strings on prior to the change? what is uggest is tune them all so there is quite a bit of slack, then tun the E and A about half a step low, then tune the rest up to where they need to be keeping an eye on the bridge, then tune the low ones up and check yoru tuning, once its perfect, take a look at the bridge, if it still seems out of whack, take off the black plate and adhust the tremelo system. If the bridge is "tweaked" or stressed turn the screws clowckwise to drive them further into the guitar, if the bridge seems to be laying back on the body, turn the screws coutnerclockwise. MAKE SURE the screws are being turned the same amount of times, and try nto to mess aroudn with the three springs for now. I hope this helps

harrison

Awesome! Trying it now.

Problem solved!