Alright, from here on out, we watch the useless spending!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
When I was in highschool, I would make about 60 bucks a week. I did this for 3 and a half years. In that time, I managed to save enough money to buy the following things:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Parker P-40
Sigma Acoustic
Traynor YCV80
Traynor YCX212
A pile of effects
Digitech RP300
A couple of wahs

Although it doesn't seem like much, it's a few thousand dollars worth of stuff.

Nowadays, I'm too careless with spending and I always get bit in the ass when it comes to unexpected bills.

I've been watching my bank account closely over the last two weeks and I haven't cheap, but 'thrifty' in my spending. It's actually grown rather than dropped into the negatives... :)

I'm going to watch my spending, pay off my credit card and save up for some new gear.

Here's the things I want to get:

Fender Jimmie Vaughan strat (I can't remember who was talking about this guitar, but it's probably the best import they make! It's a steal)
Traynor YCV50BLUE.
Some nice pedals and a Pedaltrain board.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I'm with you man. I plan on throwing a little bit of each paycheck into my savings, and curb my spending on everything except the essentials. I'm saving for the following:

Gibson SG '61 Reissue
    Vox AC15
    Voodoo Pedal Power II
    Some kind of pedal board so I don't have to set them up and disconnect them everytime I want to play.
  • well hopefully for my birthday i will have a Lovepedal Magicboy added to the collection as well as a DC brick with a pedal board :)

then after that I'm good for a while....

but im going to be saving up for either:

'61 Reissue SG and Phat Cats (or P-94s) for my SG Special
    or
    '57 Classics in my SG Special and a SG Classic
    or
    '57 Classics in a Epiphone Elitist LP and Phat Cats ( or P-94s) in my SG Special
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • moster78 wrote:
    Some kind of pedal board so I don't have to set them up and disconnect them everytime I want to play.

Does that Pedal Power allow you to do this?
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Does that Pedal Power allow you to do this?

Yeah, saves you from having to use batteries, which can drain when the input jack is in a pedal, regardless of whether the pedal is on or off.
  • moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, saves you from having to use batteries, which can drain when the input jack is in a pedal, regardless of whether the pedal is on or off.

Nice..i always unplug after playing but it does get to become a pain.....and I only have 2 pedals :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.