Gig recap.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So...

Apparently it was a battle of the bands!

We were last and we blew the roof off the place. I have never played such a high energy gig in my life! There were 800 people crammed into the venue. Maybe 500 on the floor in front of us, and another 300 on the balconies that surrounded the floor. It was intense nonetheless.

I was having problems though... During Baba O'Riley I rocked out too hard and the strap button on my Les Paul pulled right out! I kept going and just threw around the guitar without a strap. Easy song to do that on. I switched to my backup (Mexican Fat Strat) and it would not stay in tune for anything. This was with 3 songs left, so it wasn't a huge deal. I just dealt with it inbetween songs and in quiet parts with my tuner pedal.

I also had a wire from an overhead speaker (don't what it was doing there) come down on me while I was pretending to be Pete Townsend (windmills and such).

The gig was a HUGE succes otherwise. 800 people clapping and singing along. I've never put so much energy into a show before. Jumping around and never stopping for anything. My solos were spot on, and the band was pretty tight. There were a few mistakes, but we just played on through them.

My tones were nice. The Shannon cut through awesome and my clean tone on Sultans of Swing was spot on, especially for a Les Paul. The other bands were fantastic... but... WE WON THE SHOW!

Afterwards we were doing TV and radio interviews. The event raised $70 000 dollars for the charity, and I haven't had as much fun in a long time.

I've got video coming my way in the next couple days, and I'm going to try to track down some of the TV and radio interviews for my personal collection!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments