My Shannon Distortion is here!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have to go pick it up at 3:00 at the post office. I'll come back and report later.

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Have to go pick it up at 3:00 at the post office. I'll come back and report later.

hurry up, then STEP ON IT!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • hurry up, then STEP ON IT!

Unless you have a time machine...

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice. report back on your findings. I love presents in the mail.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • That came pretty quick eh
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • any comps left?

i was half considering one.
    i could use a good 'pressor.

mmm.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • any comps left?

mmm.

I just looked and there's none left....

4 Distortions though.

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • any comps left?

mmm.

i actually had the honour of ordering the last one! sorry, but if i dont like it, maybe ill put it up for grabs on here

harrison

ps. i think ill like it though

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Ok, so I got the pedal and have played around with it for the last hour.

I think is probably the best hundred bucks I've ever spent. It's extremely versatile and it sounds great!

It's very responsive to attack and dynamics and sound amazing on the clean channel by itself and makes the lead channel of the amp just sing. I can set the amp to a good crunch tone, and then throw this puppy on get some amazing sustain and harmonic saturation! It really reminds me of an OCD I tried out, but with better control.

It's transparent, so it lets the character of my Les Paul and the amp really shine through.

I must say this is probably the best pedal I own.

Lets hope I'm not suffering from NGAS (New Gear Allocation Syndrome). I think it sounds brilliant, but I'll be giving it a high volume band practice on Sunday!
  • Good to hear man!!!

.NJD.
  • It reads on the shannon-effects website that the Distortion is a modified version of the Overdrive pedal.

This one?

http://www.meridianmusicguitars.com/effects_shannon.html

If so, how come it's not in that casing??

.NJD.
  • What he's done is created a modified version of the overdrive. It has less emphasis on the mid range and opens up the entire EQ spectrum. I think these distortions are pretty rare. I opened up mine and it has says "006 Modified Overdrive ES" or something like that.

As in the serial number is 006.

Let's just ask him! Hey! Telesonic, what's the deal yo?

;)

• What he's done is created a modified version of the overdrive. It has less emphasis on the mid range and opens up the entire EQ spectrum. I think these distortions are pretty rare. I opened up mine and it has says "006 Modified Overdrive ES" or something like that.

As in the serial number is 006.

Let's just ask him! Hey! Telesonic, what's the deal yo?

;)

Thanks Matt

Now I'm goin to bed!!!

Cheers man

.NJD.
  • Thanks Matt

Now I'm goin to bed!!!

Cheers man

Haha. I was gonna say... wtf are you doing on here at 2:45? :D

I've just arrived home from a party...
  • I know man....there was nothing goin' on tonight and I just stayed in w/ my girlfriend....

I'm still up for some reason......I can't get enough of this board man....lol

Anyway, I need some sleep though, I'm gunna try to go to bed.

Cya man

.NJD.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    There should only be one left, for whoever wants to jump on it. I ordered one of the last two Sunday night. Can't wait for it to arrive. On that note, can I interest anyone in a Boss DS-2? =)