My computer got wiped, and I lost a lot of my recording source files.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm fairly upset about this, but it's my own damn fault for not backing them up.

I lost a ton of music that I hadn't uploaded to my Soundclick account, and I also lost the source for the stuff I did manage to keep, so I can't go back and edit it ever again. What I have now is the final copy, and it's going to have to stay that way.

It's a shame because I had been doing a fair bit of recording in the marginal amount of free time I have these days. I was just getting ready to share some it with you guys too!

Shit occurs I suppose.

In other news, my band is totally smoking right now. The second guitar player hasn't showed for practice in a few weeks, so I think he's getting fired. However, as a result, I totally get WAY more freedom with what I get to play.

We're doing some Hendrix now, and rearranged some of our older covers to give me more freedom. I get free range on improv, since I'm trying to fill it out as much as possible - which I really like. Tons of solos, and all the cool rhythm parts that everyone wants to play. I'm forcing the bass player back into the practice room to keep up now. :p

My only concern is with our cover of Baba O'riley. They just don't seem to understand the jam section towards the end, ala Live at the Garden. I honestly think I'm just going to have to pop in the DVD and show them what I expect them to do.

We've got a gig lined up for December 9th. It's private party for a major bank in town, so they've given us an open budget for expenses. Of course that means lighting, a professional stage and sound man. Probably pay him to record us. The last guy did such a shitty job that the recordings are just plain horrible to listen to.

Wish I could be here more, but I'm getting killed in all aspects of life right now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• try using a program like 'recover my files' to recover them. whatever you do, do not reinstall before trying this. you can still be able to get at least some back even if you formatted. a quick format just wipes the begining of the partition , not everything else on it.

even if you did put an os back on there, try the program anyways and see what you can get back. formatting is not the end of your files.

good luck.
  • Oh no, this was a full wipe followed by a reinstallation of the Operating System. It happened last weekened, unfortunately.

The indestructible Mac OS X failed me, and it failed me miserably.

There was a complete partition wipe when I booted up from the OS restore CD. I'm pretty damn sure it was a magnetic field emitted from a machine at work killed it.
  • oh, gotchya. that blows. oh well, more files will be created.