One more about the '55 Strat lady!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Here's something I got off of Harmony-Central!

hat 1955 Strat that just sold on ebay for $76k turned out to be factory refinished. Neck and body have the large number stamps in it, documenting it as a total factory refin. Also the story about the lady wanting to be a country singer, buying the guitar, putting it under the bed... not quite the whole story. Turns out she bought the guitar in 1955, didn't use it, got rid of it for a few years (either sold it or loaned it out), and then got it back. Gee that part of the story was missing from the ebay text! And in that time frame, the guitar "checked" and was sent back to fender for a refinish. Of course that was left out of the ebay story too. Funny how she refused to send anyone pictures of the guitar taken apart. Now we know why.

So the guy that ponied up $76k wants his money back. She says he got what was pictured in the auction and there are no refunds. Also her "partner" has 1/2 the money, so she can't refund it anyway. Partner? I don't remember that part of the story either.

:(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Here's something I got off of Harmony-Central!

hat 1955 Strat that just sold on ebay for $76k turned out to be factory refinished. Neck and body have the large number stamps in it, documenting it as a total factory refin. Also the story about the lady wanting to be a country singer, buying the guitar, putting it under the bed... not quite the whole story. Turns out she bought the guitar in 1955, didn't use it, got rid of it for a few years (either sold it or loaned it out), and then got it back. Gee that part of the story was missing from the ebay text! And in that time frame, the guitar "checked" and was sent back to fender for a refinish. Of course that was left out of the ebay story too. Funny how she refused to send anyone pictures of the guitar taken apart. Now we know why.

So the guy that ponied up $76k wants his money back. She says he got what was pictured in the auction and there are no refunds. Also her "partner" has 1/2 the money, so she can't refund it anyway. Partner? I don't remember that part of the story either.

:(

Sounds like a dirty move.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • this whole thing sounded too good to be true. that really sucks. I believe I would be heading over to pay her a visit. with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch....
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    In the bitch move of bitch moves.....regardless, it's probably a hell of a player. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    oh man i'd be pissed.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The good news is the story will make it infamous. Infamous guitars are worth more.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    goldenpalace.com can buy it and put it in a case with the jesus toast and shatner's kidney stone.