I was featured on the radio today!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is the coolest thing I've had happen to me in a long time! The Hawk (a classic rock station in London) was talking about my band's gig on Friday night. One of the DJs was the M.C. and I guess a whole crew was there as well.

Anyways, they were talking about us on the radio and were featuring me for some reason. :confused:

They played snippets of Whole Lotta Love and my solo ----> end of Rock and Roll All Night. They also talked about how I kept overcoming technical difficuluties left right and center. :)

I missed the segment, but I got a call from a friend who heard it and my bass player who heard it as well.

This really made my day, if not week, or month, or even year!

I guess this is a good time to start applying for new bands, since this one that gigged is done until next year for the same event!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Hey, congrats. That's pretty cool. You should try to get a copy. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Again man, nice to hear!!

I can't wait to check out the clips :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    That is definitely one of the coolest feelings in the world. Back in 2000, some radio station in the UK got ahold of one of my records. Long story short, I got a call at about 11pm one night to do a brief radio interview...lol. I can only gues sit was an overnight show. I was out like a light with the flu when the call came..lol

Good on ya Frank! Keep rocking proper.
  • That's pretty sweet - congrats! Looking forward to hearing the clips of the show..keep on rocking!
    Everything is OK.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow that's awesome, I hope you can parlay it into other gigs. It sounds very promising.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • awakeawake Posts: 35
    love that.... a few years ago a local radio station had our CD... the first time they played it, we all knew it was coming, so we all sat around the stereo listening, was very cool. but then the best was about 2 months later, some DJ pulled it out and played a double shot while I was driving home one night, felt pretty good.