What gear did you once own that you shouldn't have gotten rid of?

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I sold my first guitar for 70 dollars because I wanted to trade in for something better. I wish I had never of done that. It was Peavey Raptor strat style guitar. A real winner ;)... I didn't realize the sentimental value until recently though. I wish I had never had gotten rid of it. At the time 70 bucks was a lot of money, but in retrospect, it's pennies.

On another note, I once owned a Roland Cube-60. I thought it was great, but I was an arrogant kid. That thing was a piece of shit. Once I got rid of it, I never looked back.

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The list might give you heart failure..

Harry Joyce Custom 50 w/ Matching 4x12
    Dr. Z Rt. 66 #16 - actually, UPS killed that one
    Fender CS Tele Jr in Shoreline Gold
    Oxblood Les Paul Custom that weiged 7lbs and sustained for days...loaded with Tom Holmes pickups.
    All of the Lovetone Pedals
    Matt Wells 5 O'clock Shadow
    First run Mesa Trem-O-Verb
  • a warwick streamer stage II,back when they still came with bartolini pick ups and they paid attention to details.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    a mesa blue angel. beautiful amp.

and i shouldn't have trashed my first strat but i was drunk and frustrated with life so there you go. parts of it live on in my current strat though.

lots of pedals over the years that were just good pedals that i traded/sold to buy other pieces. however, among those pieces were an SG standard and an orange AD15 so i don't feel bad for long.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Should we compile the list House?

I've passed on purchasing that which I should have purchased and that sucks but I haven't really sold or given away that which I didn't need.

I had the opportunity to purchase an original MXR flanger for 50 bucks, I could have flipped it that day on Ebay for 200 more than I bought it for and I passed on it....stupid.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Two guitars:

A 1983 Strat in cherryburst. One of two years where there was only one volume and one tone, and the output jack was vertically mounted where the second tone knob usually is. Loved that guitar, traded it for my first bass (a Yamaha active... stupid, Mig... stupid...)

A mid-90's Epiphone Classic 57 Les Paul. Epi's Classic 57 pups, retrofitted with graphite saddles on a Gibson bridge. Had I replaced the tuners, it would've been perfect. Traded for a Mexi Tele that I converted into a hotrod Esquire and some cash... may track the kid down and buy it back some day.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Should we compile the list House?

I thought the same thing. LOL

The list would take me a while... let's hit the highlights

Gibson Townshend SG
    Hiwatt Custom 50 (hylight era)
    Gibson es-335
    Martin D-28
    Dr. Z Carmen Ghia
    TopHat Club Royale

The things I have now that I would regret selling if I did:

all of them.

At least I feel like I am learning a bit... that said the idea of trading my Silver Falcon for a black LP custom has crossed my mind recently. :D
    There's No Code.
  • I have only sold 2 things, a shitty marshall practice amp, and my american big muff.

Out of the two I wish i had the Muff. When I sold it I couldn't play the pentatonic or improvise at all. Now that I can It would be cool to have. But my tube screamer does the job.

To the 2 that sold their custom 50's. My first reaction is that you're isnane, but then when you think about the conditions needed to really make use of a custom 50, it becomes more reasonable.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I'm just getting started so I don't have anything to sell yet. But I know myself. I'm a packrat and have a hard time letting go of a lot of stuff I should. I see myself having way too big a collection of stuff someday. Lets hope!
  • Nothing I ever sold I regretted, cause I always got me someting better in return. Some stuff got stolen and that sucked. I wish I still had my Mexican Tele, which got stolen, though I would've probably have sold it by now anyway.

I have my old USA Tele up for sale (I bought me another USA Tele I like better, when it's gonna be properly set up anyway) and a vintage Boss BF-1 Flanger, made in Japan and the shite. Found it on the attic of my sister, but basically hate the effect it gives. I'm sure some collector will be happy with it.

I got my Epi LP back from the shop. It plays like butter (so that's a good sign for my Tele), but the G-string still buzzes. I think it's the nut (G-string, nut??) and the shop guy probably forgot to ask the tech. Anyway, he says I should sell the Epi as well, but I can't seem to make my mind up, so I'll hold on to it for a while longer. With the buzz I can't really sell it anyway.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I also owned half of an SG body from a guitar that Pete Townsend smashed during the first Quadrophenia tour. A friend wouldn't leave me alone about it, so I finally sold it to him.
  • i smashed up an Ibanez RG550 after i'd bought a Les Paul.Wish i hadnt really cuz it was the first really good guitar that i owned:(
    Cornell pwns u