Article about the '55 strat lady.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2006/01/19/top_story/doc43cedbd93a4bc713422439.txt

Good for her. Too bad the guitar went to a collector though. Someone should have told Mike.

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It was too minty, with the same vintage amp, and a cool story as well... it was going to a collecter. Hell, I'm surprised a museum didn't pick up the piece.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    really cool story, I can't believe the finish looks that good. I want to find a corvette from that vintage in a barn for 100 bucks.

I wonder if this era will ever be that valuable. I tend to think the Tom Murphy stuff and Gibson Bursts in general might be because we are running out of good wood.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • That's a great article! Thanks. I think it's cool that she's delivering it to California!

I think there becomes a point where a guitar becomes a museum piece. Could you imagine something that pristine sliding off the couch, or falling off the strap in a smoky bar? :eek:

It would be REALLY to have someone play to a panel of blindfolded people: that guitar and a $500 Mexi Strat, then see who could tell the difference! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart