My first ever Clip!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I recorded this terrible wanking on Wednesday morning at about 2:00 after getting home from the bar. Here's how I recorded it:

iBook built in mic ----> garageband.

The most sophisticated recording setup I've ever seen.

Just thought I would share. Enjoy, and be nice. :-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm pretty sure you're missing something.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • JESUS CHRIST!!!!

I'm a bloody moron...

Haven't checked this in days and I really should have.

why didn't anyone tell me? ....

Here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=384768

One take. It sucks
  • I thought it was pretty fuckin good. You're a true grunge solo guitarist! Great riffs and some McCready inspired lightning runs. Is garageband free? If it is, where do you get it from? Does it have those drum loops on it?
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • Garageband came free with my new Mac. It does have a ton of drum loops in addition to every other instrument you could ever imagine. It's a little limited in what you can do with it. It's mainly ment for creating techno and shit like that just by putting a lot of loops together. It's good for crap like what I did though and really easy to use.

I'm going away for a few days, but I'll post some sober clips when I get back. I'm actaully working on a demo right now.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I thought it was pretty fuckin good. You're a true grunge solo guitarist! Great riffs and some McCready inspired lightning runs. Is garageband free? If it is, where do you get it from? Does it have those drum loops on it?

It's free with any new mac, or you can get it along with a lot of other programs in Apple's iLife suite of software, which runs about $80 US. For about $100 US you can get additional jam packs, which contain more loops and more software instruments. I've played around with it a little but have no idea what I'm doing. NIN released downloads of two tracks off of With Teeth in Garageband format which was cool. Interesting to see how a song comes together, and if you know how to work the program you can remix it as you see fit.
  • Hmmm, you sound like a pretty awesome lead player.

Whats funny is that sounds better quality wise than I have heard from far better setups. Did anyone else notice this? I am shocked the built in mic produced that good a result.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Yes I did notice that too. It really does sound surprisingly good. I'm not at all familiar with garageband, which is why I thought it was a pretty sophisticated program. I also love the Cantrell-esque vibrato. Impressive.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    \m/ \m/