New Track For My Demo: Variation on the Neighbours Pt I

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
The song is called Variation on the Neighbours Pt I.

I wrote this song with my old band when I was 17. We supposed to play it for a benefit for my school, but during our rehearsals, a neighbour kept calling the police, so we got shut down. It was orginally called "The Neighbours arae Stupid Fucks who Called the Cops on us Three Times", but that title never stuck. This is as far as we got. There is another song called Variation on the Neighbours Pt II, but I've only just begun working on that one.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=384768

Enjoy and please comment.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey DF, those seem to be some pretty impressive chops you got there, if that is you playing lead.

As far as the song goes, it seems more like a 2 minute long solo than a song. I mean I am not a fan of hardcore, but someone screaming over this the entire time is the only way I could see lyrics fitting into the picture.

I really like your lead tone throughout alot of the song.

Whats your setup.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • This song was actually written as a instrumental. My band wrote it back before we had a singer. It's sole purpose was to open a show with lots of lights and ambience; it is fun to play though. I can't sing even if I wanted to, so it seemed like a pretty fitting thing to record at this stage.

My setup for recording this was really simple. No pedals, just my Les Paul into my Traynor YVC80 recorded directly into my laptop mic with Garageband with a little studio delay and echo
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Hey Frank, good stuff - i bet you pulled a few faces playing that:-) i like the wailing @ the end. cool.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Hey Frank,

Thats a wicked tone outa that simple setup. Can you easily over drive that amp? Or was it recorded really loud. I also liked the bends at the end, sounded sweet.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Hey Frank,

Thats a wicked tone outa that simple setup. Can you easily over drive that amp? Or was it recorded really loud. I also liked the bends at the end, sounded sweet.

The amp is set great for all types of music. Channel 1 is purely overdrive. The lead tone at the beginning is set at about 5/10. It also has a boost function for solos, which transforms it from subtle overdrive to any level of distortion you want. The rest of the leads and the dirty rhythm is all set at 5/10 but with the boost on. I can usually get any type of OD tone I want out of it with a little tweaking.

I recorded all the parts at a low volume.
  • Just found out that you guys put my last clip up above #100 in the rock charts on Soundclick.com.

Lets do the same with this one.

Besides I need some comments to improve what I'm doing here.