My band is switching studios

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
We're changing up our practice studio to a much better one.

First off, Last time we practiced the owner of the studio showed up half an hour late and we were left outside waiting for him to show up. The guy is unreliable and clearly a junkie. He told us we could stay late to make up for the time we lost by him not showing up for free. The next week he decided he needed to see some cash for the extra time we used because of his shortcomings. We're trying to book some more time in, but he isn't returning calls and is really vague about times and whatnot.

The studio is in a rough part of town and really disgusting inside. The gear he provides for the price is subpar at best and the P.A feedbacks like you would not believe. The drum kit is a total piece of crap, and he provides two Fender Champs for us to use.

The only benefit is that the place is pretty cheap; about 15 bucks an hour.

We decided to move today after trying to book more practice time. We've got another studio lined up that's a bit more expensive but totally worth it. The studio comes with a professional drum kit, a 150 watt Hartke bass amp and a Marshall JCM2000 50 watt head. I'm going to be bringing my Traynor to practice from here on out so I can tweak the 70s rock tones for this current band. The real benefit of this new place is that they provide a soundman for EVERY practice, who sets up mics and does balancing from a seperate booth. He'll also record and give us the best cuts from practice. I'm really excited about that!

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    cool... I am lucky that my drummer has converted half of his garage into a practice space... nice PA, his drumkit, a nice bass rig... good sound in the room and just the right amount of room for our five person band and our gear.

Good luck with the new place, it sounds like a good upgrade.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    good decision. This should help you guys out big time.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • It's shame that son of a bitch let you down like that. i know how it is - you just want to get on with your music and stop fucking around. people like that make me so mad cos you're all fired up and enthusiastic about the Jam / Rec sesh then this fuckin guy yanks your chain.

good that you've upgraded to a plusher studio, maybe its worth the extra cash if the've got gear and its nicer visually.

Hope you record some great stuff!!
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer