I recorded F*ckin' Up, have a listen.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
First off, let me say that I haven't sang since I forced to by my elementary school teacher in Grade 7. This is my first attempt, let alone at singing, but recording it... pretty well ever. I guess they're alright considering that fact.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=384768

You know the song. There's a problem at the beginning where the recording is overdrived for some reason. Crackles, but that goes away once the verse kicks in.

The only mix in the song I'm happy with is the solo sections.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Heh,
    Nifty.
    The verse guitar is missing some punch when it goes from the down (5-3?) to the up (3-5?), like its not clear in there before the 3-5. Sounds fun.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Heh,
    Nifty.
    The verse guitar is missing some punch when it goes from the down (5-3?) to the up (3-5?), like its not clear in there before the 3-5. Sounds fun.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I tried to fix it, but until I get some proper recording equipment, that's the best of the dynamics I can get.
  • Dirty Frank (aka Matt)

What is your program at western, what year?
  • Dirty Frank (aka Matt)

What is your program at western, what year?

Program is a double major honours geography and bioarchaeological anthropology. Starting 2nd year in just over two week.
  • sounds interesting
  • Curious, what's your story Missyouallday? Your name says you go to school, and you know what Western is...

Just curious. :)
  • I am a last year Philosophy major at Guelph, I have alot of friends at western. I may do my masters there. Western is my 3rd or 4th choice, but I think I can get in there and pay for it more easily than Ann Arbor, UoT, and pittsburg.

I am in a constant effort to start a band with a good lead guitarist and drummer :) I wanna play pop rock, but not quite. Something deeper sounding than the foo fighters, maybe a little darker, but definately catchy.
    And with guitar solos...

How do you like it at western?

*edit* with a drummer that is a robot.
  • I know a few people at Guelph too. Western's cool. It's pretty big and there is a lot of people. I also have a hard time finding good musicians to play with.

My drummer is usually a robot too.

I'm not sure how much grad school is here, but I think after allowances, they usually leave you with about 1000 a month to live off of. At least that's what my brother got.