My band's set is coming along just awesome.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm playing guitar for a gig coming up at the end of February. It's a big corporate show that the banks in London use to celebrate the end of RRSP season. It's a high budget event with professional sound gear and techs and a full out lighting and effects rig. The band I'm playing with said it was off the wall last year and should be even better this year. They all work for a bank in London and range from 30-46 in age and I'm about to turn 20. We're quite the matched team. ;):)

We're just playing fun rock covers and here's what we have on our setlist so far:

Eighteen - Alice Cooper
Ballroom Blitz - The Sweet
All Right Now - Free
Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Blow at High Dough - The Tragically Hip
Little Bones - The Tragically Hip
Wild Horses - Rolling Stones
Whole Lotta Love - Led Zeppelin
Bring it on Home - Led Zeppelin
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Baba O'Riley - The Who

I'm trying to force them to play Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy and Voodoo Chile too, but so far I haven't forced anything too radical.

I'm playing Lead guitar BTW.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dude you MUST KILL on sultans of swing. prolly my favorite solo of all time...so fucking CLEAN! and what no PJ? for a bunch of bankers you could play Green Disease or somethin ;)
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • dude you MUST KILL on sultans of swing. prolly my favorite solo of all time...so fucking CLEAN! and what no PJ? for a bunch of bankers you could play Green Disease or somethin ;)

I wanted to play State of Love and Trust, but they were young in the 70s and 80s. I doubt they even know any PJ.

:(
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    very cool set... I am trying to get my band to do something from the Who... having trouble though.

We have about 25 songs now... we keep adding and getting better. Had a good gig this weekend too. Word is getting around town on us too, we are getting a lot of gigs.

My new mic really worked well at the gig too. :D

Keep us posted on the progress for the show. And try to get some Pearl Jam. That is my one goal for practice this week. ALIVE.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Nice choice with Bring it on Home, I love that one.

I'd force a few more Who covers, like I'm One and Substitute but that's just me.

congrats DF.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Nice choice with Bring it on Home, I love that one.

I'd force a few more Who covers, like I'm One and Substitute but that's just me.

congrats DF.

They all say I move like Pete, so maybe some more Who would be a excellent idea.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    They all say I move like Pete, so maybe some more Who would be a excellent idea.

just be careful doing those windmills that you dont go impaling your arm on a tremolo arm or anything like pete did ;)
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?