Ever pick up radio on your amplifier?

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm getting Detroit sports talk radio right now.

It always comes through when I'm using a compressor.

Pretty Sweet...

:)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i did....at the recording studio.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    our singer does sometimes when he turns on his big muff.... ooh eerr mrs
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • i have a Dallas Rangemaster clone that is virtualy unusable because of this stupid phenomenon.

recently my TS9 has become sensitive to the same bullshit.
    it's always some crap ass AM talkradio, too.

Fuck, it could be CB for all i can figure.

i'm glad you think it's pretty sweet,
    cause it annoys the piss out of me.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    that's a sheilding problem somewhere, I used to get it a lot on an old Jimi Hendrix wah I borrowed.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    that's a sheilding problem somewhere, I used to get it a lot on an old Jimi Hendrix wah I borrowed.

I don't expect any less from a Boss compressor. :D
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I don't expect any less from a Boss compressor. :D

Those 5 year old taiwanese kids are really advanced though. I mean for working in a sweat shop 15 hours a day what's a little radio interference? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    my old, heavy tampered with, vox wah was nortorious for picking up radio. i actually sampled it on a recording for fun when i picked up a CBC signal broadcasting a call in show.

it happened the other day with my phaser too. i traced it down to shielding in my guitar cable. planet waves cables have a shielded end and a non shielded end. put the non shielded into the effect, radio noise. put the shielded end in to the effect, no noise. so i learned something that day.
  • its weird

on my dirty channel i get nothing

on my clean i get Walk97 like all the time pretty decently...and then if i use my wah and leave it on the treble side, i get it clearly...annoys the fuck out of me
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Yah, when I switch m Hiwatt from 12 to 40 watts it starts up pretty clearly. Kinda funny. It was rolling stones I think the one time I had it really loud.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • was playing in my kitchen one day.. turned on the way.. i got a full beach boys song from an oldies station.

almost clear as a bell.

and i get evangelical radio in my basement a lot ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • one time i was giving a guitar lesson and I SWEAR TO GOD from the amp we heard - "ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts, we will be landing shortly"

my student and i looked at each other, the kind of look you give when the weirdest shit ever just happened!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    if i position my samick 22 watt practice amp in the middle of my room stick my bass into it, and touch the tone knob i get radio
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Yep. It's usually the Voice of Russia. My four track machine picks up Radio Netherlands. The weirdest thing ever was when I was in the bathroom and the radiator picked up something.
  • Yep. It's usually the Voice of Russia. My four track machine picks up Radio Netherlands. The weirdest thing ever was when I was in the bathroom and the radiator picked up something.
    lmao.

everything is more fun in europe.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • TrilocoTriloco Posts: 95
    Have u tried using a Gate Filter?, I installed a Gate circuit inside my amp and i forgot this kind of problems.