What do you guys wear on stage?

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I usually stick to the jeans, t-shirt combo, stuff that's comfortable, but for my next gig, I'm gonna switch it up.

I'm thinking my PJ endless summer t-shirt, ripped jeans and sport jacket ala McCready in Sacramento '98.

This has to be the biggest switchup I've, and I'm sure all of you have EVER seen!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i usually wear T shirt, jeans, shorts, etc

BUT.......

one time i decided to wear a retarded outfit ( hawiian shirt, big straw hat, big ass highway patrol sunglasses) and it totally fucked up my playing.........i was thinking more about the outfit and what people thought of it than i was about playing..........and its hard to "connect" with people when you have on sunglasses.......

so i've stuck with regular clothes ever since
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    The only special thing I wear is a bracelet made from motorcycle brake cable. It's a hard, braided metal cable and makes the for the most exquisite, fucked up noise imaginable when scraped across the strings. Imagine using a metal violin bow. No one can ever figure out where the noise comes from either.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I think it is cool when a band simply wears the same outfit they wore when they got dressed in the morning (I am not saying they should wear a satin suit in the morning, etc!)

I have done a few spoken work gigs, and I just go for the tshirt and jeans combo.
  • T-Shirt and Ripped Jeans! Possibly a plad shirt/jean jacket for the first half of the show.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I tend to not wear t-shirts and jeans when I play, but that's just me. at the same time, I'm not one of those fools that wears the polyester hot topic shirt with flames on it...lol.

I'll wear a pair of dark pants and a Ben Sherman or similar button-down. I tend to stay with darker colors on stage because I like how it looks in photos.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    i occasionaly wear a werewolf mask on stage during one of our encores. :) all lighthearted were not sh*tknot or anything like that haha
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?