Ladies and (mostly) Gentlemen, we have a Townsend Les Paul and Hiwatt.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nice! where's the pic from?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    nice! where's the pic from?

I snagged it off the Porch, but I bet it's from the AOL sessions.
    Is that an attenuator on top of the amp?
  • Nice find Dirty!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Is that an attenuator on top of the amp?

If it is, it's fookin huge!

Dang, why don't Ed just ask Pete to play on the album? :p
    I hope the Paul's out on tour. I've been waiting forever to see Ed use one.
  • Is there any videos at all from the AOL's??

I'm lovin' the audio right now, but video's would be killer!!

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    I haven't seen him use a Hiwatt cab before either. It's amazing how Ed borrows from Townshend. Yet when other people borrow from, well, let's say Ed, they get ridiculed beyond belief.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Is that a shure broadcast microphone he's singing into? interesting
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    That's a Shure SM7, and it's actually an excellent vocal mic for some people. I've tracked vocals with one...it's a darker mic IMO.
  • I hope the Paul's out on tour. I've been waiting forever to see Ed use one.

It was before Ed started playing guitar onstage or on albums, but in the Place/Date book, there's a photo of him with a Les Paul slung over his shoulder. It's got a # decal behind the bridge, just like Pete T. used to have on his Pauls.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    enharmonic wrote:
    That's a Shure SM7, and it's actually an excellent vocal mic for some people. I've tracked vocals with one...it's a darker mic IMO.

Yeah, we use them for sports and news TV broadcast.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Didn't Ed use that guitar at the Borgata for Gone?

I know he recorded the demo version with it...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • I was watching touring band last night and Ed had that Hiwatt I'm pretty sure :)

.NJD.
    I was watching touring band last night and Ed had that Hiwatt I'm pretty sure :)

That he did. If he breaks out the Schecter in addition to the Les Paul on the next tour, I'll be very, very happy.
  • Eddie's made that Schecter his own :)

I still love it when he plays his SG's

.NJD.
  • He's DEFINETLY playing Gone

i recognize the chord.

and judging by his face he's on the second part of the verse..

"ohh the lights of the city.."
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"