I won a squier last night.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Haha. A midnight blue Squier infinity strat. They were giving it away at a Trews concert in London last night. My ticket number was called.

Haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    wow thats awesome. They played here last week but i didn't go, maybe i would have won a guitar if i went....
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    murph83 wrote:
    wow thats awesome. They played here last week but i didn't go, maybe i would have won a guitar if i went....

I think it was run by an outside promotion. You should have went anyways, regardless. :D

They put on a fucking amazing show! Only 2nd to Pearl Jam that I've seen. Their lead guitarist John-Angus is a madman and a machine. I felt like I was at a Who concert in 1975.
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    I think it was run by an outside promotion. You should have went anyways, regardless. :D

They put on a fucking amazing show! Only 2nd to Pearl Jam that I've seen. Their lead guitarist John-Angus is a madman and a machine. I felt like I was at a Who concert in 1975.

I've seen them before, i just couldn't afford to go this time. I like them though, they put on a good show when i've seen them before. i'm not too sold on their new album, but i loved house of ill fame.

do you play guitar, are you gonna keep it? I play a squier and I like it, only been playing for 8 months but it has done me well.
    murph83 wrote:
    I've seen them before, i just couldn't afford to go this time. I like them though, they put on a good show when i've seen them before. i'm not too sold on their new album, but i loved house of ill fame.

do you play guitar, are you gonna keep it? I play a squier and I like it, only been playing for 8 months but it has done me well.

This was my 2nd time as well. The show they did last night was way better than the previous one I saw. A lot of energy in the room.

I've been playing for about 6 years, and I don't really need this guitar.

I'm actually going to contact Kat and see if there's anyway that the boys could sign it and it could be auctioned off at the CCFC pre-show party in Toronto. Otherwise, I'll probably just sell it.
  • I'd love to go check them out!!

I heard they put on a wicked show, and their stuff rocks!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    congrats on the guitar.

i hate to feel like i'm sticking my nose in your affairs....

but instead of selling it,why not look into donating it to a save the music program or something similar where a kid with no means might have an oppertunty to unlock his inner jimi?
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    This was my 2nd time as well. The show they did last night was way better than the previous one I saw. A lot of energy in the room.

I've been playing for about 6 years, and I don't really need this guitar.

I'm actually going to contact Kat and see if there's anyway that the boys could sign it and it could be auctioned off at the CCFC pre-show party in Toronto. Otherwise, I'll probably just sell it.

that's an awesome idea from obviously an awesome person!
    kudos:)
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    Smash it in an influenced frenzy!
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Man if you are going to smash it or somthing just send it my way
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Suiers Are Good For Starters.....graduate To An Ibanez,eh?
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Ali wrote:
    Suiers Are Good For Starters.....graduate To An Ibanez,eh?
    but i like bc rich
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • my opinion. nothing more...

either of the above ideas is good.

1. try to get pj to sign it and auction for ccfa or something. that's a great idea. plus you may get a note from the band or something... so you can get something cool out of it besides just a really good feeling.

2. donate it to a local charity or school music program... in the end, this will have a greater impact than having it auctioned to some person that's collecting pj memorabilia (situation #1). but i don't think it's unreasonable to want to donate to ccfa since you love PJ and could get something in return for your good deed. and besides, ccfa would get the money from the auction.

after further review, i think you should stick with your original idea and go with option #1.

don't sell it on ebay
    don't smash it
    don't give it to anyone that you meet on this board (me included)

and by the way, congrats on winning it. you may be struggling with deciding what to do, but that's a good problem to have. :)
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
    No, don't smash it. Unless you're in an original band. Hey, Mike's smashed a few guitars. Ed has too. It can be cliche, but it can also be quite compelling given the proper circumstances.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    once a squier, always a squier.

but once a knight is enough.......;)
    It's definately going to either make its way to the CCFC auction if I can work my way up the 'signing ladder'. OR to a charity of sorts. The money would be nice since I'm a poor student, but I have a big tax return and a full time summer job coming my way in less than a month.

I don't even want anything in return, I just don't need this guitar and even I kept, I wouldn't play it much anyways.
  • Congratulations on winning the Strat!

Congratulations, too, on wanting to do something good with it. :cool:

I have way too much stuff around, and I'm going to be selling some good stuff, but all my cheaper stuff, I'm going to give away.
    I had a ton of strats over the years when I toured, and I found good homes for a lot of Mexi's that I used to take around. Youthinkyou'reold and Rob from this board did, too.

One great place was at a music school in Philly. It was a project to get music to kids in the inner city, so I gave them guitars that I had, or cheapo garage sale ones that I fixed up and took over to the school. That was one of the ways I learned to fix and build geetars, by practicing on garage sale specials, and getting them into some young hands.

Ha ha!! I also learned by fixing youthinkyou'reold's ones when he messed HIS up! I'm fixing one of his right now,,, he's sitting right here!
    Ok, maybe he's lousy at fixing them, but he's better at playing them than me,, :(
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    :)
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, if you don't want it I would donate it.
    You can give it to me, all I have is a couple of acoustics. I've been meaning to get a cheap electric...

The donation process is already underway. We're just awaiting a response from the Seattle admin. I've spoken to Kat, and she's forwarding the info to the powers that be.

The donation process is already underway. We're just awaiting a response from the Seattle admin. I've spoken to Kat, and she's forwarding the info to the powers that be.

Donate it to Mike so he can smash it up, then he can auction it off, with autographs. Nobody wants a fully functional guitar as a show-piece.