I've got a gig this Friday.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm playing in support of a University Council President at a rally.

Much like Pearl Jam, but on a lot smaller scale ;)

It's a bit weird, because it's WAY outside my band's demographic. I'm the youngest member, and the singer and other guitarist are in their 40s. We'll just tell everyone that they're professors.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I'm playing in support of a University Council President at a rally.

Much like Pearl Jam, but on a lot smaller scale ;)

It's a bit weird, because it's WAY outside my band's demographic. I'm the youngest member, and the singer and other guitarist are in their 40s. We'll just tell everyone that they're professors.

Very cool... nothing better than a gig to look forward too.

We are off this whole month... but have two dates next month. We may get another live recording on March 4th as well.
    There's No Code.
  • ARARHHGGHHH

Gig cancelled...

:(

Yet another reason as to why I need a new band.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    ARARHHGGHHH

Gig cancelled...

:(

Yet another reason as to why I need a new band.

gigs do get cancelled and it is usually a bad thing... sometimes gigs get cancelled and it is good (like if you were playing in a bad part of town, etc.)

When is the next gig?
    There's No Code.
  • House53 wrote:
    gigs do get cancelled and it is usually a bad thing... sometimes gigs get cancelled and it is good (like if you were playing in a bad part of town, etc.)

When is the next gig?

This gig ended up getting cancelled because the band didn't go through with setting up the rest of the details in time. I would do it myself, but I am just a hired gun at the moment. The next gig is the 24th, and this one is a big one. 1000 people in a high budget rock show.

It's also my last gig with this band. They're splitting after it's done. I'm used to setting up, running, booking, managing and playing gigs like I used to do in highschool. It's a whole different scene here in London. It's a lot harder to get out there than it was in smallish town.
  • This gig ended up getting cancelled because the band didn't go through with setting up the rest of the details in time. I would do it myself, but I am just a hired gun at the moment. The next gig is the 24th, and this one is a big one. 1000 people in a high budget rock show.

It's also my last gig with this band. They're splitting after it's done. I'm used to setting up, running, booking, managing and playing gigs like I used to do in highschool. It's a whole different scene here in London. It's a lot harder to get out there than it was in smallish town.

Whered you live before Western????
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Whered you live before Western????

I lived in a town called Strathroy, which isn't far from London, about 35-40 minutes away. It's got about 15000 people and it's own little music scene.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    wow, anyone , good luck with your show !
  • I lived in a town called Strathroy, which isn't far from London, about 35-40 minutes away. It's got about 15000 people and it's own little music scene.

Nice....isn't it near Sarnia???
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Nice....isn't it near Sarnia???

25 minutes away or so. Right on the 402 essentially.