Going into practice tommorow for the first time with my new band and...

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
my guitar just broke. That's just fantastic! It's just a input jack wire that has come off, but there is not way I can get into a shop that will fix it by tommorow night. I'm going to make some phone calls, and we'll see what we can do, but hopefully someone will reattach it for me.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have a soldering kit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That sucks man, what kind of guitar??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • It's a Les Paul. It's the same one with messed up neck, but it's been fixed enough to play until I can get into a shop to do a real number on it, or just buy a new one.

I think I can rent an electric easily, but as far as I know, they rent for 1 month periods! The last thing I need is a squier for a month...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    It's a Les Paul. It's the same one with messed up neck, but it's been fixed enough to play until I can get into a shop to do a real number on it, or just buy a new one.

I think I can rent an electric easily, but as far as I know, they rent for 1 month periods! The last thing I need is a squier for a month...

L&M rents as short as a day. at least the store here does. and high end stuff too.
  • wouldnt picking up a soldering iron and a little bit of solder be cheaper than renting a guitar?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if it's a radio shack soldering iron. yes.

but, since he's looking at new guitars anyway, might as well take an opportunity to test drive something if it's possible.
  • Good news. I found a tech that would do a spot repair! It cost about 20 bucks, but it was still cheaper than buying a soldering iron, solder, or renting a guitar. I asked about renting, and the stores here in London (there's no L&M here) would only rent low low end stuff. Basically they would give you a bottom of the line squier and it's pretty cheap, about 20 bucks, but you have it for a whole month. Seems odd they won't rent something for one night.

Anyways, the guitar works, but everything on it keeps on breaking...

I think it's about time..
  • Cool that you found a guitar!

You would do well by getting a soldering pencil and learning a bit though.
    That's what you can use your Epiphone for after you get your new Les Paul!

It's great to learn to do some in flight repairs on your guitars. That stuff can happen with any guitar at any time,,,, usually when you need it the most.

I also have an idea for your epiphone with the worn out frets:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Nuts,_saddles/Resonator_nuts,_saddles/Slide_Guitar_Extension_Nut.html

Put that over the nut and turn it into a slide guitar. Who needs frets! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart