Other than the finish coming off, is there any real grips with Highway One?

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I played one of these strats the other day and it sounded really nice and played quite nice as well. I actually liked the feel better than the American standards I've played in the last little while. It didn't feel cheap either. Good resonance not plugged in and nice an smooth on the bends.

I've heard the satin will come off really easily though. This really wouldn't bother me, as I like the look of a beat up strat. Makes them look seasoned.

Anyone had experience with these guitars? I must have a strat by the end of this summer (May- August).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• again DF, i woudl highly suggest picking up a "well-seasoned" higher model at a good used price...you get alot for it, and it shoudl have a few stories with it as well. I find the H-1's just don't pump out the "classic strat" sound that is desired, it just seems generic to me. There are many places to find these guitars, ebay (meh...) and as i pointed out a whiel ago, songbird music in ontario (i think your from there) so i would look around for a used one that sits in your hands nicely...i have 3 strats bought used...everyone just has its story i guess...i love them, and got them at great prices...

HM

if you need help finding one in canada, i know of quite a few places online, just give me a shout

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • I have owned 2 strats.
    A 62 reissue American (1996 model maybe??) and a Highway ONe.

Honestly, the H1 played better. It is all in the guitar itself. Somewhere there is a kick butt $149 squire.. and a $949 Am. piece of crap.
    If you aren't good enough of a player to tell the difference.. save your money until you are. Not to sound short.. but people are quick to knock equipment. It isn't the equipment. It's the player. I too am guilty of spending too much time worrying about gear and not enough about playing.. but that is how it goes.
    If you have your hands on a nice sounding H1.. go for it.