Dirty_Frank's LATEST *masterpiece*

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
3:30 Gilmouresqe improv over a backing track.

MIJ '57 RI strat---> Shannon Distortion ---> Boss DD3 ----> traynor YCV80 clean channel.

Just spectacular. Times when I forget that I'm supposed to be playing in G. Others when I miss chord changes. Times when I forget just how many frets my strat has.

It's one take with a little bit of editing in the middle for a few bars due to a dropped pick... :D

I'll probably redo it on the weekend under the influence because I really like the backing track.
http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/5/strat%20riffs.mp3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nice work man, i love the slow gilmouresque riffs, backign track is good too... i have an idea for a M&G contest, i'll be the co-ordinator, ill make a backing track, 3 minutes in length, and people can DL, and lay down a guitar solo over it, and then we will break it down to a winner, and they get the award as best soloist....it woudl obviously have to be a neutral song, in just key of G or E, what yuo think? id love to make the backign track, as i make them all day anyways...

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Aww dude that was awesome!!!!!

That's a wicked idea that you had too harrison.......the solo contest thing :)

Just to hear everyone......(I would get killed, but it'd still be fun) :D
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    that would be awesome...maybe we can get a keeley sponsorship lol

let's definately work on something!

-Seth
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Hmm, ill dedicate a thread for it, and get a signup sheet

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    Hmm, ill dedicate a thread for it, and get a signup sheet

Nice Harrison!!

Will we be allowed to play it on a non-Stratocastor??? ;););)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Nice Harrison!!

Will we be allowed to play it on a non-Stratocastor??? ;););)

Les pauls currently undergoing investigation, and playability is pending.

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Nce work, Frank. Gilmour himself said that he sometimes runs out of frets on a strat, so you're in good company! :D
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    nice work man, i love the slow gilmouresque riffs, backign track is good too... i have an idea for a M&G contest, i'll be the co-ordinator, ill make a backing track, 3 minutes in length, and people can DL, and lay down a guitar solo over it, and then we will break it down to a winner, and they get the award as best soloist....it woudl obviously have to be a neutral song, in just key of G or E, what yuo think? id love to make the backign track, as i make them all day anyways...

HM

I do like that idea. :idea:
  • riantLoVEsuriantLoVEsu Posts: 74
    Dirty Frank,. that is very sexy sounding... gets to maken me feel all kinda wet...
    Dirty Frank,. that is very sexy sounding... gets to maken me feel all kinda wet...

Ummmmm......

Alright then :D:D

.NJD.
  • riantLoVEsuriantLoVEsu Posts: 74
    lol... Thumbing My Way ..wouldnt got me to confess that five years ago, but I just felt like it... :)
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    nice work man, i love the slow gilmouresque riffs, backign track is good too... i have an idea for a M&G contest, i'll be the co-ordinator, ill make a backing track, 3 minutes in length, and people can DL, and lay down a guitar solo over it, and then we will break it down to a winner, and they get the award as best soloist....it woudl obviously have to be a neutral song, in just key of G or E, what yuo think? id love to make the backign track, as i make them all day anyways...

HM

Sounds like an awesome idea!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Shine on!
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Extremely wicked. I'm going to keep this one on my ipod =)
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1