My THD's are here!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yay!

I ordered two yellow jacket's off of an eBay store about two weeks ago.

Found a delivery notice in my mailbox this morning. I'm gonna go pick them up after work today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yay!

I ordered two yellow jacket's off of an eBay store about two weeks ago.

Found a delivery notice in my mailbox this morning. I'm gonna go pick them up after work today.

nice, what are they going in?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    from the title i figured you got yourself a Flexi and a Univibe.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    So I buggered off of work extra early today.

Anyways, they came with two JJ EL84s. A total joke to put in the amp. Take out tubes, put in adapter, put in tube. Simple stuff. Put them in my 80 watt Traynor Tube combo.

So far, I'm really diggin' the EL84s . On the clean channel, they really open up the eq spectrum. The lows are tighter, and highs shimmer. With this amp, the EL84s give the clean channel more of a Mesa than Fender sound. Overall, so far I'm impressed.
    It likes my strat, but it freakin' LOVES my Les Paul.

Now for the dirt channel!

This is all w/ my Les Paul.

My biggest complaint about this amp has been the Overdrive. It never really wanted to play nice, so you always had to through another pedal in front to get more dirt, cream and harmonics. Well, not anymore. I'm running straight into the amp and the overdrive is phenomenal. Gives amazing Marshall like crunch. It's also really dynamic, so you control the volume and intensity with just your picking. The tones I'm getting just by switchin pups ranges from Brain May, Page, Slash (kind of) and early Stone tones. It seriously growls like I never thought it would. This is at a mid gain setting. I threw a Distortion + in front as a bit of a gain booster and it was Randy Rhoads.

I set the amp at higher gain w/o the boost on, and the clarity remained, and gave some more marshall like tones.

The lead boost is usable now. The boost ups the gain quite a lot, so I don't really use it for solos. BUT, at a mid gain setting with the boost on, it gives Cantrell growl. just what I was looking for.

Anyways, I'm gonna keep playing.