Oh why couldn't the bank increase my credit limit!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://toronto.craigslist.org/msg/151471304.html

:(

There it is, sitting there, with JJ tubes, practically brand new for $500 bucks. With the JJ tubes, that would come to almost $1000 after tax.

:(

I should contact him and tell him to take it off, and then put it up for sale a month from now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh man that's a steal!!!!

Wow.....$500 for the BLUE !! man.....the Deluxe will come out to more than that!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    It's a bit of a piss off because starting in May, I'll be making that much in a week!

It retails for $790.00 + tax which is $118.00.

Grand total of about $900.00. And the tubes, I know retubing my YCV80 with just plain Sovteks cost about $80.00, and these are JJs.

It's a little annoying that I don't have the money right now, but I'm sure there will be more deals like this floating around.
  • I just called that number to see if he had any offers yet, but there was no answer.

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Question

I got my amp off ebay...the guy said he got it off of AMS. Do I contact AMS for a new footswitch?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Question

I got my amp off ebay...the guy said he got it off of AMS. Do I contact AMS for a new footswitch?

If it's under warranty, then most likely yeah. Otherwise any Traynor dealer can probably order one for you.

What's the matter with it? I know I thought mine was busted, because it kept switching back and forth between channels. Turns out it was the cable.
  • I say just build your own:

http://www.ceriatone.com/index.htm

It's what i'm doing for my grad project.
    PearlJam134.gif
    I say just build your own:

http://www.ceriatone.com/index.htm

It's what i'm doing for my grad project.

I remember thinking about building a 50 watt plexi clone, but I have absolutely no technical ability whatsoever. I'd end up buying it built, and then finding an enclosure.
  • Question

They have Traynor footswitches at the store near my house :)

The 2 button and 3 button ones.

.NJD.
  • It's a bit of a piss off because starting in May, I'll be making that much in a week!

It retails for $790.00 + tax which is $118.00.

Grand total of about $900.00. And the tubes, I know retubing my YCV80 with just plain Sovteks cost about $80.00, and these are JJs.

It's a little annoying that I don't have the money right now, but I'm sure there will be more deals like this floating around.

I just called him again and he picked up this time :):)

He said that a few people had contacted him about it but that's all, he said it would $500 even, and I told him I'd give him a call this week :)

That's a steal......$500 even for the 50BLUE!!

He it's about a year and a half old and he bought it a few weeks ago from somebody but it was just to loud for him and he didn't need that big of an amp.

.NJD.
    I just called him again and he picked up this time :):)

He said that a few people had contacted him about it but that's all, he said it would $500 even, and I told him I'd give him a call this week :)

That's a steal......$500 even for the 50BLUE!!

He it's about a year and a half old and he bought it a few weeks ago from somebody but it was just to loud for him and he didn't need that big of an amp.

That is a steal. Especially considering the JJ tubes he put in it.
  • That is a steal. Especially considering the JJ tubes he put in it.

How much do you figure they would cost??

.NJD.
    How much do you figure they would cost??

A matched pair of EL34s would probably run about $50.00 and the preamp tubes maybe $15-20 each. Maybe more. I'm too certain, but I know that the Electro-Harmonix 12AX7s I bought for my amp cost $13.50 each, and JJ's are more expensive. I just have Sovtek Power amp tubes, and they cost $13.00 as well, but these are as cheap as they come. The good ones are a lot more.

The best thing is that they're good tubes, and you get the old stock ones too.
  • A matched pair of EL34s would probably run about $50.00 and the preamp tubes maybe $15-20 each. Maybe more. I'm too certain, but I know that the Electro-Harmonix 12AX7s I bought for my amp cost $13.50 each, and JJ's are more expensive. I just have Sovtek Power amp tubes, and they cost $13.00 as well, but these are as cheap as they come. The good ones are a lot more.

The best thing is that they're good tubes, and you get the old stock ones too.

Should I consider this??

Or are you gunna go for it??

.NJD.
  • Should I consider this??

Or are you gunna go for it??

Actually let me re-phrase...

I am considering it, but I couldn't buy it if you were going to, cause you found the add.

.NJD.
    Actually let me re-phrase...

I am considering it, but I couldn't buy it if you were going to, cause you found the add.

I want it, but I don't have the money. If you want it, it's all yours.
  • I want it, but I don't have the money. If you want it, it's all yours.

Alrighty,

Now it's just amp vs. amp....the Deluxe vs. the 50BLUE because they're basically the same price.

Actually the 50Blue is cheaper because of the tax.

.NJD.
  • PeatricalPeatrical Posts: 59
    I just bought that amp, and I have to say it is the bet value I have seen in an amp. Mine only has factory tubes but it still sounds great, and only cost 790. The other amps i was looking at that produced similar sound were either much large, or much more expensive. Great amp, great price, great sound, and great vintage look.
    Peatrical wrote:
    I just bought that amp, and I have to say it is the bet value I have seen in an amp. Mine only has factory tubes but it still sounds great, and only cost 790. The other amps i was looking at that produced similar sound were either much large, or much more expensive. Great amp, great price, great sound, and great vintage look.

I have the YCV80 one.

I find the BLUE to be akin to a vintage Marshall. Not quite the same, but great tones nonetheless. You need a Marshall to do Marshall.
    I like it better than the 5881 Custom Tube series, but that's only because I love the saggy, britishy distortion. The clean channel's not as nice, but my main guitar is a Les Paul, so it's not very clean to begin with.

I was looking on eBay, and one went today for about $450.00 CDN. I'm just going to keep my eyes peeled over the next couple of months and try to buy a used one, just to save a bit of money. Then maybe a Blackface Bassman head, since you can get those for a really good price.

The BLUE is my gear lust object of the moment. :)