How does a reverb tank break?

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Kind of a rhetorical question, but maybe one that answers can be provided for.

The reverb tank on my YCV80 stopped functioning a while back. It's not the wiring, as it's all intact and the connectors are in perfect shape. I'm afraid it might be something in the circuitry. I doubt it, since everything else on the amp works just fine. I hope the pot that controls the reverb has just come loose or the wiring there has come off. I also doubt this, since none of the other pots are broken. It never gave me trouble before, but then all of a sudden it stopped working.

I'm going to take it into a tech soon, but I need to get a little off my credit card first.

I'd take a closer look, but I don't want to accidently touch a capaciter and die.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• is it "real" reverb, with a spring and what not? check that out, somethign could have been knocked out of place...watch the cap, your you'll get capped...

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    is it "real" reverb, with a spring and what not? check that out, somethign could have been knocked out of place...watch the cap, your you'll get capped...

HM

Yeah. It's an Accutronics full sized spring tank. I bet something's come loose. The amp takes abuse.

Oh and Harrison, I found a strat I really like, but I'm too late. 1997 American in Olympic White with a maple fretboard.

http://www.12fret.com/used/justin.html

It's down there, past the real 'lust' object.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's probably a 3 spring tank. Likely the springs got caught on something
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yeah. It's an Accutronics full sized spring tank. I bet something's come loose. The amp takes abuse.

Oh and Harrison, I found a strat I really like, but I'm too late. 1997 American in Olympic White with a maple fretboard.

http://www.12fret.com/used/justin.html

It's down there, past the real 'lust' object.

when yoru ready, you tell me the price range (in our funds of course) colour, etc....and ill bring up a list for you, im allways searching myself so i know all the places...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19