Japanese Domestic market strats.

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've never heard anything but good about these guitars.

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Japan-57-Re-Issue-Stratocaster-ST57-58US-NEW_W0QQitemZ7408549908QQcategoryZ38082QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That guitar is gorgeous. AND, it's 15 minutes away from my house! Hell, I probably know the guy.

I may be taking out a loan from my parents... :)

Now, what I wanna know is, how does a guy from Buttfuck Strathroy Ontario (my hometown), end up with 4 seperate Japanese domestic market only strats?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nickydeannickydean Posts: 40
    Ohhh! That's wicked.

Japanese made Strats are usually better quality then the American made. Actually, that's the main reason you can't buy them in the States. Fender is trying to uphold the American line as their best guitars. I'm good friends with one of the Master Builders in the Nashville Branch, and we were just talking about this.

Weird.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    nickydean wrote:
    Ohhh! That's wicked.

Japanese made Strats are usually better quality then the American made. Actually, that's the main reason you can't buy them in the States. Fender is trying to uphold the American line as their best guitars. I'm good friends with one of the Master Builders in the Nashville Branch, and we were just talking about this.

Weird.

I may be giving my parents AND the seller a shout.

I would just buy it myself, IF MY TAX RETURN WOULD COME!
    I may be giving my parents AND the seller a shout.

I would just buy it myself, IF MY TAX RETURN WOULD COME!

Let me know if you decide not to buy it, I'm kinda interested.

Don't worry, I'm not going to bid otherwise. That's a great find, kudos!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Jap guitars in general are great. There are quite a few built over there, a few Ibanez, Gretsch, and Fender.

Their factories are super clean and very high tech. They have a very good quality/value rating from me anyway
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    nickydean wrote:
    Let me know if you decide not to buy it, I'm kinda interested.

Don't worry, I'm not going to bid otherwise. That's a great find, kudos!

Will do. I'm going to track down my Dad tonight and beg him for money.

The seller has a bunch of other Jap reissues as well.
  • Those are wicked...I've heard really good things about the Japanese ones too :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Consider it a done deal. :D
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Consider it a done deal. :D

Nice man! Congrats!
    Reading stuff like this only makes me happier:

'Standard-production Fender Japan guitars capture the Fender mystique beautifully and do it with unmatched consistency. The higher-end Fender Japan models, in which the dictates of price-point have been discarded in favor of creating the highest-quality guitar possible, rival and can even surpass the best examples of Fender USA Custom Shop work.' I think that might be a bet of a stretch, but I get what they're sayin' :)

I pick her up tommorow morning. :) I won't get to play through tubes until either late tommorow night or Tuesday morning. I'm out at my parent's place, and all I have here is a transtube 110efx. :p
  • Reading stuff like this only makes me happier:

'Standard-production Fender Japan guitars capture the Fender mystique beautifully and do it with unmatched consistency. The higher-end Fender Japan models, in which the dictates of price-point have been discarded in favor of creating the highest-quality guitar possible, rival and can even surpass the best examples of Fender USA Custom Shop work.' I think that might be a bet of a stretch, but I get what they're sayin' :)

I pick her up tommorow morning. :) I won't get to play through tubes until either late tommorow night or Tuesday morning. I'm out at my parent's place, and all I have here is a transtube 110efx. :p

I'm excited for ya Dirty,

Let us know how she plays,

....did you get my PM about the 50 BLUE??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Reading stuff like this only makes me happier:

Congrats dude! Fantastic buy!