Got my new guitar!

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Fender Crafted in Japan '57 Reissue strat. Two tone sunburst, maple neck. The finish is top notch, not a single flaw that I've found yet. The neck is smooth, and all the frets are level, and smooth with bends. Unplugged, it sounds very resonant, and sounds has some nice acoustic qualities. Plugged in, it sounds great, even through the POS Peavey amp I have here right now. Very clear, with nice highs and lows. Each pup position gives it's own distinct tone. The neck position is bassy, and the bridge is not too bright, and really resonates.

I haven't played too much with the tone knobs yet, but they really affect the tone of the guitar when you play with it. It's got really light string on it, but I'm going to put on some mid range strings today and give it another go.

:)

So far, I'm very satisfied with it. I'll need to plug it into my Traynor tonight though, and give it some play over the next week to really tell my level of satifaction.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nickydeannickydean Posts: 40
    Fantastic! That's a really great purchase.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    It's been a long time coming. I'm fairly picky about the sound and feeling of my guitars, and I'm super poor right now, I'm always hesitant to buy. This guitar has been 4 years coming. I've bought and sold about 5 guitars over the last couple of years, and I'm very satisfied with this one. It plays better than the American Standards I was trying out a few weeks ago.

I'm also picking up some serious McCready vibes with this sucker.
  • That's awesome man!!

Great to hear :):)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    how much u pay for it dude?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Pappas wrote:
    how much u pay for it dude?

699.99 Cdn and there was no shipping because I picked up it from the eBay seller.