Traynor 15Blue?!?

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Never heard of this before:

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?id=359&cat=18&type=32

It runs two EL84s and 3 12ax7s.

Sounds very familiar :p

Comes with an Emminence Red Coat "Governor" 12 incher.

News to me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I played one. Great amp, but I didn't like the clean channel. The YCV40WR was MUCH warmer.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • yeah when keeponrockin said he played it I was shocked to know that they came out with it

i'm interested to see if the overdrive is as good as the 50BLUE
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    very limited. jump if you're going to try it. i'm curious about it but i need another amp like i need a hole in the head so i won't try it. i'd need to trade to buy it and i can't let go of either my current amps.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    yeah when keeponrockin said he played it I was shocked to know that they came out with it

i'm interested to see if the overdrive is as good as the 50BLUE

I have a feeling that the amp is going to sound very different. It's got an Emminence instead of Celestian, and it's running El84s instead of EL34s.

Basically, it sounds like a competitor to the Classic 30.

The EL84s should give it a bit of bark to the clean channel. I don't know what the circuitry is like, but I bet the dirt channel sounds pretty good.
  • I have a feeling that the amp is going to sound very different. It's got an Emminence instead of Celestian, and it's running El84s instead of EL34s.

Basically, it sounds like a competitor to the Classic 30.

The EL84s should give it a bit of bark to the clean channel. I don't know what the circuitry is like, but I bet the dirt channel sounds pretty good.

Classic 30 is a nice amp but the Delta Blues is my favorite Peavey

Honestly, I am "tube dumb" so I have no idea but the speaker would make a huge difference. I love the sound of the Vintage 30 in any amp.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Classic 30 is a nice amp but the Delta Blues is my favorite Peavey

Honestly, I am "tube dumb" so I have no idea but the speaker would make a huge difference. I love the sound of the Vintage 30 in any amp.

I've got a friend with a Classic 100 w/ a 410 and a 115 and that is my fav Peavey by far. I think Stone was using that Stack back in the day.

He's also got a Delta Blues, and that's a great amp as well. Amazing for jazz and blues. He picked it up for a big band jazz group he was playing with.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I never tried the 50, but I wasn't really impressed with the 15's clean. Like it was alright, but not 'knock your socks off oh my god I love it' clean. Not as much warmth.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V