Fulldrive will be here tommorow:

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
They should have a 'rock on' emoticon, because that says it all.

I think my board space is full after this one:

Teese Wizard Wah
Shannon Distortion
Boss SD-1
Fulltone Fulldrive II
Boss Tu-2
MXR phase 90
Boss DD-3
Traynor footswitch.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sweet!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    That's some solid gear Matt, quite the classy pedal board. :D:)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I decided not to go to work because....

My UPS tracking number says it's out for delivery.

NOW THAT's dedication!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    haha. (on the UPS thing)

i'm curious to see how close it is to the SD-1 as far as the ground it covers. you may find the SD-1 redundant.

which of course frees up a space for more pedals. :D
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah. Awesome matt.

have fun with it. I too am interested to see if the SD1 and or Shannon make it off the board.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I decided not to go to work because....

My UPS tracking number says it's out for delivery.

NOW THAT's dedication!

I would do the same thing, except skip school.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    I would do the same thing, except skip school.

Haha, that's how I work during September - April.

I never told anyone I wasn't going in to work. They probably don't even notice I'm not there.

I'll go in later and work the evening.
    Ok, pedals here.

I haven't plugged it in yet, but here's the first thing I noticed.

It's totally mint, even though I bought it from the musictoyz used section for super cheap. The pic and despcription they offered was of an older Fulldrive with the push/pull comp-cut.

This one has it all on the toggle. It has to be a '04 or '05.

Sweet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the label on the bottom should be dated with month and year.
    exhausted wrote:
    the label on the bottom should be dated with month and year.

February 2006.

I have a feeling someone goofed and did not send me a used one.

Anyways, I was looking for a nice OD to compliment my strat mainly, and this thing does it and then some.

It's just full of live Pearl Jam tones.
  • February 2006.

Anyways, I was looking for a nice OD to compliment my strat mainly, and this thing does it and then some.

Mainly Ed's live tone right?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    February 2006.

yeah the guy from Ten Band that is Mikey's compliment uses a Rockerverb 50 head and a Fulldrive with a strat and he nails it.

If people will buy my BR 532 and DL4 and I manage to sell my DD I'd like to compare the new red orange mosfet Fulldrive and the Barber Tone Pump EQ.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Mainly Ed's live tone right?

More of a Mike tone than anything. Ed's is easy to kind of replicate. I would need a tele, but just the clean channel cranked up, and I bet the FM mode with minimal gain just boosting the amp would do it. THe FM mode has more highs and lows, and not a whole lot of mids.

The vintage mode through the clean amp with the gain at about midway gives very tube od, midrangey tones. Think Down, Marker in the sand type stuff.

The pedal also has far more gain than they let on. Crank that up about 3/4 of the way and it's perfect for lead. The boost function varies depending on what mode you're using. On the vintage mode I find it adds sustain and not a whole lot of volume. It really allows for controlled feedback.
  • So is it a keeper for you or no?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    So is it a keeper for you or no?

Yeah, it's a keeper for sure.
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 73
    I've always wanted to try one those.

I know you posted that you got it with your Strat in mind, but have you tried Humbuckers?

Would love to hear it if you get a chance. Shows us how she drives!