Keeley Blues Driver

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
The clips on the Keeley website make me want to cream my pants.

So much that I put a bid in on one on eBay. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    The clips on the Keeley website make me want to cream my pants.

So much that I put a bid in on one on eBay. :)

I've been debating sending mine in for modding, along with my SD-1. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Trying to save the $$$.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    moster78 wrote:
    I've been debating sending mine in for modding, along with my SD-1. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Trying to save the $$$.

Make sure you peruse Analogmans page too, he's got some interesting SD-1 options.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    moster78 wrote:

I've been using my SD-1 for about 5 years now. It was my first pedal actually.

I never use it as the sole OD unit. It's usually set as a gain boost for my amp's lead channel. I set it at just the breaking point, and it takes off when the SD-1 is engaged.

I want to run the blues driver through the clean channel to see how it works out.

I'm also going to give the Seymour Duncan twintube pedal a run as well. If I don't win the eBay auction, I'll probably order one this weekend.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
    If you get it let me know how much louder it is as a pedal because I want to send mine in but I don't think I could afford the volume of the pedal.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'm thinkin of gettin my DS-1 modded, but again haven't pulled the trigger.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    If you get it let me know how much louder it is as a pedal because I want to send mine in but I don't think I could afford the volume of the pedal.

Kinda off topic, but it's something I've been doing with my Traynor lately.

I put the gain on about 2 or 3, and crank the volume. I adjust the gain according to the guitar I'm using just so it breaks up slightly when I hit notes and chords really hard. Then I've been layering pedals over top, just as I would have them set on the clean channel. I use the Shannon Distortion for my Les Paul and my SD-1 for my strat. Probably the best sounds I've ever gotten out of the amp. Just HUGE sounds at manageable volumes. Sounds like the amp when it's cranked with normal settings.

It might not work so well with yours since you don't have a master volume, but give it a shot.

I'm really interested how the Yellow Jackets I ordered will react with the amp. They're supposed to make the clean channel (of the Traynor YCV80) sounds very Vox like. That of course is never a bad thing.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The keeley mods are great. Robert and his crew replace all of the questionable parts with high quality components that rally make a difference in the tone. I wouldn't say that any Keely pedal is "louder" than a stock pedal, but it will be more quiet, and the tone controls will be more useful.

:)
    Someone bid 2.50 higher than my maximum bid of $100.00 US, and then the listing was taken down.

:(

Weird.
    awwwwwwww haha

My next pedal is a vibe....yum

Even though I don't like distortion...I'm looking into the Foxy Brown Distortion by Menatone
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    awwwwwwww haha

My next pedal is a vibe....yum

Even though I don't like distortion...I'm looking into the Foxy Brown Distortion by Menatone

Before you plunk down for a high-end vibe unit, you owe it to yourself to check out the Boss Rotary Station. Trust me on this.
    I was thinking a Magicboy by Lovepedal which are 150$