~!-New Clip-!~ 'Yellow BedWetter'

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=384768

It's the first one on the page.

Any comments on how to make the lead more interesting would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• man, i love your guitar work. its nice, its the SRV side of mccready, where i take more to the jimi side. lets share skills. do you have MSN? id like to exhange some tunes.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i can't play that well so i have no comments on how to make it more interesting. :)

good tone.
  • gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Wow, that was really good. I like the tone. It's these kind of songs/tones that keep me ever confused about if I want a LP or a Strat. I'm aiming more towards a LP, but, can an LP get this?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the les pauls can't really do this, no.

perhaps will coil-taps on the pickups and other tomfoolery, they can approximate it, but i've never tried.
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=384768

It's the first one on the page.

Any comments on how to make the lead more interesting would be greatly appreciated.

Nice work again Matt :)

How'd you record that?? I really wanna do that :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    man, i love your guitar work. its nice, its the SRV side of mccready, where i take more to the jimi side. lets share skills. do you have MSN? id like to exhange some tunes.

Thanks. I'm not on much since it's summer, but add me at long1_matt AT hotmail.com
    Nice work again Matt :)

How'd you record that?? I really wanna do that :)

I recorded it using a backing track on Garageband. I don't have any formall recording equipment, so I reply on a well placed amplifier near my laptop's condensor mic and some studio tracking magic
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    Wow, that was really good. I like the tone. It's these kind of songs/tones that keep me ever confused about if I want a LP or a Strat. I'm aiming more towards a LP, but, can an LP get this?

My Les Paul has coil splits on it, so it can kind of get the strat tone.

But in reality, the whole setup (construction, bridge, type of pickup) really gives the distinct tones. A Les Paul can give a great clean tone with coil splits, but it won't sound like a strat.

For those who want to know, the setup was simple: Fender '57 Reissue strat w/ American Vintage pups ----> Boss SD-1 ---> MXR Distortion + (about halfway in) ----> Traynor YCV80 clean channel.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Thats really cool. Its amazing how everyone has a different style of playing. I approach that solo from a completly different angle.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • that's great! Dig the tone.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Awesome, i like it. I remember listening to some of your stuff ages ago and being really impressed! I'll be able to play as well as that one day, but not for a while! Haha
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (