I've got a gig tomorrow night

Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Interesting setup. I'm writing a final exam from 7:00 - 10:00, then busting ass over to a gig on the other end of town. It's corporate gig - a Christmas party to be specific - ALWAYS a LOT of fun (and it pays well). Playing with the band I filled in for last year, except I've been made a member. Playing a 9 song set, but the since it's corporate, and they want to make their employees HAPPY, it's got a bottomless budget.

Got a soundman coming, a lighting rig as far as I know, and some sort of a stage. I'm not involved in any of that, I just play. The band has a new second guitar player, who's better than me (IMO), but I'm primarily lead still.

The set is:

Baba O'Riley
Ballroom Blitz
Whole lotta love
Bring it on Home
Hendrix's Fire
GFR's - American Band
Free's All Right Now
Alice Cooper's 18
Kiss' rock and roll all night

For gear, I'm bringing my Traynor YCV80 and 212 cab, '57 RI strat and Les Paul Custom. The strat is my main guitar, and the Les Paul only comes out for the Zep and Kiss. All my dirty sounds come from pedals now - I think it sounds better in the group, and buzzes far less. The Fulldrive II gets used on every song, and the Shannon Distortion gets layered on to create a bit of a fuzz sound. Boss SD-1 used for lead boosts.

Honestly, I'm really excited. This band has never sounded better! :D

Can't wait! Rehearsal/Soundcheck at 2:00 tomorrow!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh, almost forgot...

The company is providing members of the band with limo service to, and from the gig.

Fucking eh!
  • Now that's a nice rider. :)

Solid songs, tried and tested crowdpleasers; nice gear setup! Go for it!
  • I have the YCV80Q! I use the amps overdrive, sold my DS-1, mind you, I'm picking up a Tubescreamer or BBE Green Screamer (I wanna be different)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • SWEET! Good luck!!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy