the tube amp

sound_scapesound_scape Posts: 5
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey you guys are posting gear and eqpt. and you guys seem to be paying quite a bit for very little, I own a peavey tube amp and id just like to say that Tube amps are just as much as most of you are paying for marshall's or something of that sort and tube amps tend to be quite a bit better, anyway, peavey has a tube amp called the 'ulra plus' they sell and they go used for 800$ for a full stack and they're worth every penny (if you've ever heard of the XXX head this is it) so take a look at a tube amp, ill never go back to anything else, take it easy..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i hate the XXL and XXX heads
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I prefer my amps to be square-ish... rectangular, at most. I've never seen a tube-shaped amp before. That seems like it would be hard to keep upright.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • chicago23xchicago23x Posts: 53
    lol... tube amp doesn't refer to the shape of the amp...
    Hell; a paticular realm of the after life where they never play Pearl Jam
    chicago23x wrote:
    lol... tube amp doesn't refer to the shape of the amp...

Oh, sorry...

So, how is a tube amp different from my Crate GFX amp? Sorry, I'm new at this...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Oh, sorry...

So, how is a tube amp different from my Crate GFX amp? Sorry, I'm new at this...

he he he. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2282000000

you have much to learn young padowan.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • a tube amp uses the little tubes that look like light bulbs to produce a better and more powerful sound, tube amps are usually more xpensive, but worth it, they are better quality and much more powerful
  • JSP552003JSP552003 Posts: 222
    Oh, sorry...

hahahahhah nice one
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    he he he. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2282000000

you have much to learn young padowan.

Wow, is that what a tube amp looks like? Will that help me sound like Mark Tremonti? I don't know if you guys know who he is, but he's like the lost guitar player from Pearl Jam. I have all the records he played on, they rock!

One more question, will 550 watts be loud enough for playing with an acoustic trio? A couple friends want me to play with them, they play a lot of John Mayer covers...
  • Wow, is that what a tube amp looks like? Will that help me sound like Mark Tremonti? I don't know if you guys know who he is, but he's like the lost guitar player from Pearl Jam. I have all the records he played on, they rock!

One more question, will 550 watts be loud enough for playing with an acoustic trio? A couple friends want me to play with them, they play a lot of John Mayer covers...

lol i love u
    yo mig i think im getting that concert reverb im not sure yet, ill know in 2 weeks
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    MIG, you're a funny guy... How's that peavey cab working out for you by the way?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    550 watts is no where near what you need to adequately perform live acoustically. The answer is more power. 3000 watts is ample for an acoustic guitar trio to perform in a small club in order to be heard over the incessant crowd noise. You'll definately want to go with an all maple guitar too with a quilted top in oh say electric blue or hot pink to give you some stage presence. Also make sure you have enough treble, Everyone knows piezoelectric pickups are nowhere near bright enough on their own to really cut through. As Xtreme as you are, you'll definately need some boost, and a costco sized bottle of Aquanet wouldn't hurt to throw in the gigbag either.

oh, and here is your standard professional pedalboard. You'll need all of these to sound good.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt3/redtele/redtelectronix.html
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    We have 2 comedians in our presence....
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    lol i love u
    yo mig i think im getting that concert reverb im not sure yet, ill know in 2 weeks

I know where you can get a decent deal on a phenomenal silverface Super Reverb... then you'd just have to ship it... ugh.

Nailz- I just recently purchased the speakers for the Peavey cab, it should be built within a week or two. I went with an Eminence Swamp Thang in the sealed bottom (Peavey Sheffield clone) and an Eminence Governor in the open-back top (Celestion Vintage 30 clone). Decided I'd try out the GOOD Eminence speakers for a change.

Paco... do they sell the Ego Compressor on eBay, or is it a direct-source-only deal? I need to get a half-dozen of those, and my Christmas shopping is done for the year.
    Everything is custom order, but the shredder oil.

Shredder Oil is now available at Guitar Center.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    550 watts is no where near what you need to adequately perform live acoustically. The answer is more power. 3000 watts is ample for an acoustic guitar trio to perform in a small club in order to be heard over the incessant crowd noise. You'll definately want to go with an all maple guitar too with a quilted top in oh say electric blue or hot pink to give you some stage presence. Also make sure you have enough treble, Everyone knows piezoelectric pickups are nowhere near bright enough on their own to really cut through. As Xtreme as you are, you'll definately need some boost, and a costco sized bottle of Aquanet wouldn't hurt to throw in the gigbag either.

oh, and here is your standard professional pedalboard. You'll need all of these to sound good.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt3/redtele/redtelectronix.html

i do hope you know that both you and mig already have spots reserved in hell for this one. someday some poor fuck is gonna try this, and you will have one hell of a lawsuit on your hands.

yikes!
    :P
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?