starting a solo

SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Afternoon guys, just wrote a song last night, words and all (thanks to Signore Spookfish for his pearls of wisdom) and i have all the chords laid down. Thing is i want to rip off a little 4-bar solo but lose the rythmn of the song. Get me? It's when i start a line, it justs fades into some obscure, bluesy riff that ends up going nowhere.

It's like i need another guitarist to continue to play the verse rythmn while a take the solo somewhere it deserves to go.....(God i love playing guitar!)

It's not like i want to put down some face melting, tear-jerking 15-min shred...i just want the solo to bear some sort of semblance to the rest of the song.

You guys know what i mean?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Hello Squidge -Glad to help! are you recording this song? if so what are you using?

it does help to have others fill the gaps when creating full songs, or beef it up. sometimes neccessary to keep the flow & spur each other on.

if your using multi-track it should be quite an easy task filling the middle with a small solo. it can be a bit of a bitch to work out what will or wont work when you can't hear the rest of the track being played. keep it simple would probably be my answer on that one, & in key. use the notes around the chord shapes and see what happens. depends if your using effects too:-)
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • I'll do it if you send me a copy :D
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    i heard Franks solo the other day on a previous thread - He's a wailer man. u got some tones frank
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    I'll do it if you send me a copy :D

That's mighty kind of you bruv, wanna do the whole thing? :D
  • Squidge wrote:
    That's mighty kind of you bruv, wanna do the whole thing? :D

Write and record your whole song? ;)

I'll do a solo though if you want me too and you can use it if you want.
  • practice and dont overthink it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"