Help Me With Some Effects......quickly!!!!!!

SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got a Trace Elliot with a boss O-D2 (overdrive) and a boss heavy metal (i forget the name for it) so i think i got enough distorition.

Any ideas for another pedal? i was thinking maybe a wah or a delay.....flanger, phaser. Something to make my sound come off a bit different. I haven't had the luck to play on enough pedals so i thought i would get your views

Thing is, i want to wow my bandmates on saturday with a host of new effects, so i am kind of a in a hurry!

cheers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey Squidge! how you doing bro?

How much you lookin to spend?

Bob moogs Moggerfooger Phaser is unbeilevable, it comes in pedal form, lookie:

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stockdetail.jsp?sku=BIGB-PHASER&context=BSTOCK

£159, they used to be £219. seriously fookin mental phaser man, Bob moog basicaly invented phasers / synths in the 50's.

i tried that thing out and was blown away. also does envelope filters & Ring Modulators.

well worth £159 - grab it while you can dude, make space ship noises!!
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    Whats up brother?? Where you bin?

£159....ooooohhh, i could maybe get that man. Maybe. I do not underatand what you said about envelopes and ring modulators....really. It's all very confusing.

Hope you're doing good man, oh by the way...we found a drummer and we went down the rehearsel studios the other day......it fuckin rocked man. We're going on saturday again. I love it.

Safe.
  • http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Digidesign-MoogerFooger-Phaser-HD-TDM-RTAS-iLok_W0QQitemZ7352541496QQcategoryZ41786QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

check it out!!!!!
    going on american ebay for £25!! - buy it now dude. might take a little time to get delivered, a lttle import tax - but that is dirt cheap for something as legendary as that.

- thanks mate i'm doing well, been busy recording, surfing in Cornwall for a bit, and a brief booze run to France! trying write music all the time now. forcing myself every day to do atleast something, even if its tweaking what i've already recorded, going over old recordings, re-doing bits and generaly tighting it all up. Dont give up Squidge!!

good to hear your still progressing with your music,
    Mr Fish, i have just purchased that little gem you suggested to me for £159.99. I aint fuckin around here kid :)

Nah, i hope it's as good as you say but i totally trust your judgment man. Good to hear you still doing your stuff dude, s'all good.
    Surfing eh? I went travelling to Oz last year and i tried that, i was ok but the board was like 8ft long hah.

The project is almost done, just waiting to get some wiring complete on the pickguard and a bit of sanding on the headstock so i can fit my custom logo on there and BOOM, we ready.

Oh, i saw this the other day, what do you think?
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...ase_pid/515207/

Looks too cheap to be true....
  • Hey hey! you will be pleased with that one. £159 is on the pricey side for a pedal, but they usaully go for alot more. and that thing is built very well indeed. you got a real deal there my friend.

that thing will make you sound different because everyone and there cousin uses Boss / Electro harmonix & the like. its like having a mini synth. do some really crazy stuff with it.
    the sounds i got from just tweeking for 2 mins were incredible. i think it will spur you on into different styles. Turnkey are a great shop. if you ever go to london go down there, theve got so much Recording / production equipment and the staff really know there stuff and are very helpfull. i got good mics from there too. you can try out anything you want in there. they will hook up everything.

do you mean the free shipping on that site??
    it does sound to good eh........but the import tax will ruin you if you get something worth ££.

Surfing: i've been doing it quite a while now and other than playing guitars, its one of the best things in this world you can do providing you are fairly fit. i f*ckin love it man, such a rush.
    Nah, i was taling about the guitar. I want a Tele, i think i am more of a tele/strat player but this thing has two humbuckers and a set neck........kinda blows the whole tone thing outta the water eh?
    Scrap what i said about the guitar...it ain't there no more. it was a Telecaster with set neck, two DiMarzio 'buckers, rosewood fretboard blah blah. It looked sweet, limited edition (probably why it ain't there no more) and was £220.

like i said, moot point now cuz it's gone.
  • yeah that does sound like a sweet deal eh. I've been lookib at some Ibanez Guitars recently and they give alot for the ££.

Check this one out:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html

go for about £300 - £399.

Set neck, Mohogony, Duncan / Ibanez Pups, Quilted Maple Top.
    they have one of these in my local giutar shop and i can tell you it's really comfy and nice to play. bit like a PRS. very warm and chunky sounding. so great guitar and extremly well made. if you swop the pups out for real Duncans or Dimarzios you've got a real tone machine for £400 or less. the second hand one in my local has it up for £250. well tempting.
  • and these:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html

i think the money Fender comand is a fuckin piss take.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Get a Wah, or a Shannon Uniphase.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.