NORTH CAROLINA :: PJCB needs guitars!!!

azithinkiamazithinkiam Posts: 22
edited February 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
yes, i am STILL trying to put this band together.

vocals - CHECK (and not the typical try way too hard to sound like ed vocals either, dammit.)

bass - CHECK

drums - CHECK

WHERE ARE MY GUITARISTS?!?!?!

tschmal AT nc DOT rr DOT com - or PM on here.

get in touch.

-t.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What city?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • i'm in clayton...triangle area, but both the bassist and one of the drummers are in greenville. you're at ECU, aren't you?

pretty sure i PM'd you the first or second time we tried to get this going and never heard back.

think you could make it work? my place is only a little over an hour from campus.

-t.
  • I'd love to jam. Are your friends students at ECU?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • I'd love to jam. Are your friends students at ECU?

honestly, i haven't met the dudes yet...they've just expressed interest in doing this. one is a session drummer from down there, ron blake. the other dude works in a studio and plays out with other guys that work there...he's been on board forever, just haven't had the rest of the guys in place to see where it went.

hit me up via e-mail and we'll talk further...are you lead or rhythm?

i'm really looking for people who are INTO the jam, not who just want to play out and play covers...so it's been a challenge.

-t.
  • I'd prefer rythm but I could do some lead work. You might have to bear with me a little if I do lead, especially on some of the more challenging songs. As far as being into the jam, I don't just learn to play the songs. I pay a lot of attention to everything stone and mike do (strumming patterns, styles, fluidity). I play the songs the way they're made to be played. I also play drums (esp. for a lot of PJ songs) as well, which helps me play to the song itself and not just the riffs. Let me know. Would you be coming to Greenville or us to Clayton?
  • I'd prefer rythm but I could do some lead work. You might have to bear with me a little if I do lead, especially on some of the more challenging songs. As far as being into the jam, I don't just learn to play the songs. I pay a lot of attention to everything stone and mike do (strumming patterns, styles, fluidity). I play the songs the way they're made to be played. I also play drums (esp. for a lot of PJ songs) as well, which helps me play to the song itself and not just the riffs. Let me know. Would you be coming to Greenville or us to Clayton?

you are exactly what i'm looking for - don't worry about bearing with...i just want to get a full band together, start playing and see where it goes.

honestly, if you guys are all down there, i'll make the trip - i don't mind one bit. i suppose it'll all depend on how everything comes together and who the final lineup ends up being. i'm supposed to be getting together with another guitarist up here next weekend to do some PJ / AIC acoustic stuff and see how that goes...if he's a candidate for this, i'll bring him down and we'll just see what happens with the two guys there and us...if not, i'm not giving up. i've been toying with this idea for years and it's time to do something about it.

shoot me an e-mail.

peace,
    -t.
  • paperpaper Posts: 10
    Let me know if you need an audience!
  • you are exactly what i'm looking for - don't worry about bearing with...i just want to get a full band together, start playing and see where it goes.

honestly, if you guys are all down there, i'll make the trip - i don't mind one bit. i suppose it'll all depend on how everything comes together and who the final lineup ends up being. i'm supposed to be getting together with another guitarist up here next weekend to do some PJ / AIC acoustic stuff and see how that goes...if he's a candidate for this, i'll bring him down and we'll just see what happens with the two guys there and us...if not, i'm not giving up. i've been toying with this idea for years and it's time to do something about it.

shoot me an e-mail.

peace,
    -t.

Sounds good. I can get us into some bars around here once we're ready. Let's try it out.